Bliar in the charts - for the 1st time EVER!

Suspended
Prime Minister Tony Bliar in the charts - for the 1st time EVER!

Tony Bliar has reformed his band "Ugly Rumours" and released a new record.

Frankly it was a whole lot better in "Rush Hour"!

Last edited:
Soldato
What a load of rubbish.

They could have at least of made a bit funny for radio listeners, this is only going to work on TV. Even then it's goes on for to long and gets boring fast.

I don't agree with the message, but if they're going to do it they should at least try to put some effort in.

Soldato
Sleepy said:
ironic posting from a broken record

I don't mind the idea of stopping the war, I just think that the current anti-war generation really don't have their hearts in the right place - their image seems quite important to them, as the anti-war movement has become quite hip

Permabanned
cleanbluesky said:
I don't mind the idea of stopping the war, I just think that the current anti-war generation really don't have their hearts in the right place - their image seems quite important to them, as the anti-war movement has become quite hip

I blame Naomi Klein...She started us on a slippery slope.

I used to care. I used to protest. I used to boycott.

Now I'm relaxed; I sip my Soy Latté and eat my Kit Kat.

*n

Suspended
OP
penski said:
I blame Naomi Klein...She started us on a slippery slope.
I used to care. I used to protest. I used to boycott.
Now I'm relaxed; I sip my Soy Latté and eat my Kit Kat.
*n
You blame Naomi Klein for the fact that you don't care any more :confused:

Suspended
OP
According to Music Week magazine, early sales figures suggest that War (What Is It Good For?) will go into the top 10 after organisers of the Stop the War peace march in London last Saturday asked supporters to order the download only song via their mobiles, describing it as a "musical referendum" on Tony Blair.

Ben Grey, who produced the song, told the BBC News website: "We wanted to try and reach the people who might be more into watching X-Factor than listening to politics. Marches and rallies can be dismissed and ignored but a hit record will mean everyone is talking about this issue. Imagine what a message it would send to the world if this record was number one during the 4th anniversary of the illegal invasion of Iraq." BBC Link

Soldato
Shackley said:
According to Music Week magazine, early sales figures suggest that War (What Is It Good For?) will go into the top 10 after organisers of the Stop the War peace march in London last Saturday asked supporters to order the download only song via their mobiles, describing it as a "musical referendum" on Tony Blair.

Ben Grey, who produced the song, told the BBC News website: "We wanted to try and reach the people who might be more into watching X-Factor than listening to politics. Marches and rallies can be dismissed and ignored but a hit record will mean everyone is talking about this issue. Imagine what a message it would send to the world if this record was number one during the 4th anniversary of the illegal invasion of Iraq." BBC Link

Say, as the resident cheerleader for the Palestinians, you must be exasperated to discover that it is the Palestinians who are every bit as belligerent and aggressive as the Israeli oppressors.

I mean, the Israelis left them to it, and the levels of violence have if anything gone up. Sort of makes you wonder who was causing all the problems to start with.

Permabanned
Ben Grey said:
Marches and rallies can be dismissed and ignored but a hit record will mean everyone is talking about this issue. Imagine what a message it would send to the world if this record was number one during the 4th anniversary of the illegal invasion of Iraq
LOL someone has an overinflated view of the relevence of chart sales to the UK public, let alone the world at large.

Soldato
Oh this makes me laugh, each and every anti war post is getting more amusing by the next one. People seriously believe that a bloke who probably doesnt watch a huge amount of tv or listen to radio 1 will take more notice of some pop chart compared to a million people campaigning in a violent protest? get your act together tbh if you feel that strongly about the subject.

The other thing that made me chuckle was the site itself

"Ugly Rumours" and "The war has killed approximately 650,000 civilians" seem to go quite well together.

Back
Top Bottom