1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blocking Drive access

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Jasebta, 21 Dec 2015.

1. asim18

Capodecina

I've never seen a copper parallel park for an emergency in my life.

2. Aeleys

Soldato

Gap between the trees is big enough no? :p

3. godinman

Sgarrista

Neither have I! Oh wait, that means precisely nothing.

4. Gaygle

Capodecina

Jeez, do people have this much trouble sorting out their lives without outside help?

I suppose calling 101 and saying "hi, I think the police have attended an incident along *insert your street here*. Unfortunately one of the officers has parked their police van so that it is blocking my driveway and I really need to get out. Could you please get one of the officers to come out and move the van when they get a second? Thanks"

A few minutes later it is more than likely a police officer would have come out, apologised, then driven the van out the way.

It's not that hard is it???

5. Gaygle

Capodecina

Lol I think MrMoonX has probably got a chip on his shoulder because he got a speeding ticket 10years ago.

"Sorry you got your head caved in ma'am, we would have been here sooner but we had to park 4 streets away so MrMoonX didn't cry his little eyes out about our parking"

6. MrMoonX

PermaBanned

100% clean licence here since i got it

its just inconsiderate, but I wouldn't expect anything less from the police, they are hardly ever professional

7. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

I'm surprised you've had enough dealings with them to come to a conclusion either way.

8. Basher

Sgarrista

You seem to know more about this situation that most, care to fill us in ;)

9. craig_t

Wise Guy

I'd not have gotten a taxi. If there were no visible police I would have called 101, since there were multiple cars there though I assume someone would be free to come move it.

10. oneale90

Hitman

People lack common sense now. For all you know that Van is parked to deliver a death message, To stop a partner knocking 10 bells out of their o/h ;

A whole list of reasons for that van to be parked as it is, Just ring 101, ask for any Police Officer attending your street to move *insert Reg* as you need to go out. Control will know who is attached to that particular vehicle and will contact them. If they can leave the incident they are attending, they will.

Yes, because you have met every Police Officer ever and they are all exactly the same ...

11. Randomface74

Perma Banned

pop the trunk

12. Jono8

Caporegime

This probably would have been the best thing to do.

13. pioneer2000

Soldato

And he might have needed to rush somewhere to hear the final few words from his dying parent.

It's irrelevant why they're parked there. They shouldn't be.

14. asim18

Capodecina

101? seriously? OP probably would have had to wait 6 hours longer if he called 101 according to the last time I called 101.

Even 999 was a bit of a joke last time I wanted to anonymously help someone out. Called me back 2 hours later to ask if the guy who was getting beaten to a pulp was still in the process of getting beaten to a pulp. Not even going to bother next time.

In fairness though when I dialled 999 to report a theft from my neighbours house they managed to arrest the thief within about 2 minutes. I'm assuming it was because it didn't actually require any investigation/actual police work as I had all the details of where the stolen item was heading before it even got there.

Last edited: 27 Dec 2015
  15. MrMoonX

PermaBanned

at a professional level, yes I have, they are useless at doing their core role and don't give a ****

16. Burnsy2023

Man of Honour

You do realise that most police officers turn off their lights before they actually pull up address on an emergency call?

Have you thought that the reason they didn't attend the first call was because they didn't have anyone to send and that they did have a free unit on the second?