US: Bloodline

Soldato
35DQDgd.jpg

cdosoup.jpg

Anyone else watching this new netflix release?

Just finished the 2nd episode and although the script has a few weak / cheesy points it's pretty intriguing and well acted overall. Will be able to get a better feel and opinion after a few more episodes.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Don't like the camera work in a fair few scenes - uses some kind of stylised "hand cam" effect that with the overly smoothed movement spline and somewhat variable effective framerate due to it struggling with fast motion is quite nauseating even though I don't generally suffer motion sickness.

The story alternates between intriguing and downright boring - half the time feels like they used it as an excuse to holiday in a hot location and randomly shot some meaningless scenes other times has a fair bit of substance.

Soldato
It's really good, blitzed through it in about 2 weeks. Very slow start as already mentioned but really takes time with characterisation and back story. Bendelsohn is excellent as he is in everything he does.

Soldato
It's really good, blitzed through it in about 2 weeks. Very slow start as already mentioned but really takes time with characterisation and back story. Bendelsohn is excellent as he is in everything he does.

Another +1 from me on this. Slow burn and then it really hooks you in. Pretty good how Danny Rayburn becomes the almost perfect villain. Enjoyed this one

Soldato
Watching the 3rd and final series now....it's very good. First season was good in it's own right, I thought it was going to just finish and be a one off actually...Second season basically fills out the plot and characters. Third season weaves it all together to a conclusion ( I hope)

Easily my favourite Netflix Original series. One of the best dramas for years in general.

Associate
Thought this was excellent, loved all of it - including the slowness of it throughout. Fantastic characters.

Soldato
Finished it now...was a little disappointed with the ending.

The penultimate episode weird amnesia stuff felt out of place and made the ending quite disjointed.

Felt a little bit like they didn't know whether they were getting another season or not until the end, so just wrapped it up quickly in the last two.

Really enjoyed it otherwise, I like a slow-burner.

Back
Top Bottom