Bloody evil Spider!!!

Soldato
It's time for phase one of 'Operation Kill Kill Kill'. Unplug your phone, turn off your electricity, put on some camouflage and lock yourself in your room alone with the spider. Close off all the possible exits with cellotape and get under that bed with a rambo knife in your teeth. The victor shall inherit the whole house including that hole in top corner of your conservatory. The battle could go on for hours so bring rations. This could be right up there with Gandalfs fight with the Balrog in LOTR.

Man of Honour
OP
Linoge said:
It's time for phase one of 'Operation Kill Kill Kill'. Unplug your phone, turn off your electricity, put on some camouflage and lock yourself in your room alone with the spider. Close off all the possible exits with cellotape and get under that bed with a rambo knife in your teeth. The victor shall inherit the whole house including that hole in top corner of your conservatory. The battle could go on for hours so bring rations. This could be right up there with Gandalfs fight with the Balrog in LOTR.

You Sir, have a crazy imagination. Funny though, but still crazy! ;)

Permabanned
I'm terrified of spiders at the best of times...

...reading that, I had to lift my feet onto the sofa...

...and when it got to the end, my testes retracted in fear.

...they still haven't come back down :(

*n

Associate
Holy crap, I think I would have fainted. I'd be close to heart attack. I have a real bad phobia about spiders, but one that size coming up from inside my pants. Hell no! Just shoot me now please! :eek:

On a similar line: My sister-in-laws friends daughter (I know, long path), aged eight, was complaining of earache that steadily got worse over time. Took her to the doctors and the doc had a bit of a shock to find.. no, not a spider.. apparantly the spider must have crawled in there during the night while the kid was asleep. What the doc saw was a mass of web because the bloody thing had laid its eggs in her ear! Argh! :eek:

Jeez, if she hadn't got that sorted, she would have been standing there one day with dozens of mini-spiders crawling out of her ear. Would have scarred her (and anyone watching!) for life!

Man of Honour
OP
UnusualSuspect said:
On a similar line: My sister-in-laws friends daughter (I know, long path), aged eight, was complaining of earache that steadily got worse over time. Took her to the doctors and the doc had a bit of a shock to find.. no, not a spider.. apparantly the spider must have crawled in there during the night while the kid was asleep. What the doc saw was a mass of web because the bloody thing had laid its eggs in her ear! Argh! :eek

While I was reading that, I thought it would finish with the exact same thing that happened to my sister-in-law. When she was about 10, she caught a lizzard, very small one, and wanted to take it home. She kept it in the cup of her hands and had them closed. When she wanted to show her mom what she had, it was gone. The day after, same thing, earache, on to the doctors and the little lizard had decided to make her ear canal it's new home!

Permabanned
hilly said:
There are venomous spiders in the UK, but the venom is very little, and if you have no after affects by now, you'll be ok.

Oh nooooo that is not true. We have immigrant spiders here now, relatives of the black widow. TB and deadly spiders, all the joys of immigration and bannanas :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/11/17/nspider17.xml

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/6157694.stm

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/Features/Letters/BEWARE_THIS_WIDOW_SPIDERS_BITE_1.aspx

http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/news/092001/20/biting_spider.shtml

Soldato
VIRII said:

Ah man why did you have to post that!

I'm going to be checking the whole room now. :o

Soldato
lol have five stars for making me laugh OP. great story. i would have **** myself if that was me, spiders make my skin crawl, especially big, hairy, nadsack biting muthas like you had hiding in your cacks. :D

Associate
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Experts say its likely to continue spreading throughout the country."

mwuhajhahahahaa still to cold and wet up here... you can have your hot days southerners!
[/font]

Associate
I hate spiders, and if that sort of thing happened to me I would probably die of fear. :p (And if I survived, I would have to sell the house :p).

Seriously though, I woke up a few weeks ago, and when I came to make my bed I found a spider in it. Now I have to check the bed every time I go to sleep, and when I wake up (it was pretty scary; not a massive one, but the thought of it was bad).

Once I was on holiday and in the bathroom was a huge (I really mean that) spider. The trouble was that everyone else was asleep when I found it (it was about midnight), so I couldn't make any noise, and thus my usual method of declaring all-out war on the thing was not really an option. I had to stealthily follow it, and subsequently lost sight of it as it ran into a cupboard. After about 5 minutes I got the courage up to see if the spider was still in the cupboard, and thus ready for a swift death, but to my horror it had escaped. Sadly I had the most minuscule room ever on this holiday (and it happened to be adjacent to the cupboard which had housed this beast of a spider). I slept on the sofa for the rest of the holiday, and didn't even bother to go back into my room after that.

The story is both funny, and also, for someone who hates spiders; pretty terrifying. :p

Angus Higgins

Soldato
Very cool spider story OP. Excellent excessive use of the word 'swine'.

Personally not that fond of spiders but anything that chases house-spiders and drags them back for dinner does earn a bit of respect I guess. Good hunting.

Soldato
MilanoChris said:
I've been searching like crazy for what kind of species it is, and the closest match I can find is the following:

http://www.nicksspiders.com/nicksspiders/segestriaflorentina.htm

W T F , not only am i amazed that we get spiders like that in this country :eek: im amazed that you let it stay in your house :S , if i seen one of those id run as far away from my house as possible !

PS , theres 100 baby spiders about to be born into your underwear draw

set the washer to boil and get it spinning

Back
Top Bottom