BLOODY FAMILY!

Associate
Could somebody help me....Please?
My cousin has just bought a new system off his 'FRIEND'(?) and he wants to O.C. it. But he wont let me anywhere near it- He thinks I will 'nuke' it for him. He wont even let me open the bloody case. Could somebody email in with an Idiots guide to the do's and dont's. These are his specs (he even wrote these down on paper and gave them to me, just so that I couldnt get into it! He only wants to throw any mega clock he gets in my face, SAD GIT!.
. Abit KN9 SLI
. 4600x2 (standard, he thinks)
. 2Gb Corsair XMS 800/6400
. Zalman 9500 AM2
. 2x7600 GT
. 5 x Air-cooled.
THANX!!
<----------------------------- THIS MUCH------------------------------->
p.s. Could any info state 'not wrote by Andy. Otherwise he'll think that I've just wrote some figures down to B.S. him

Soldato
Simple. Tell him he just needs to do this;

Grease up the fans a little bit. A few drips of vegetable oil on each fan should do the trick - gets em going faster and smoother!

A bit of volt modding to help get those extra megahurts - on the CPU, solder a few of the pins together - your choice of pins - to make sure there's a bit more electricity flowing around.

For a bit of water cooling; put the CPU in the sink for a while and cover it in cold water.

Putting a couple batteries in the CD drive could help him get that extra little bit of power he needs.

Now, simply remove the BIOS chip from the motherboard so the computer forgets to run slow.

:D

Just kidding - please, don't do any of that. Just tell him to stop being so protective about his computer, and IMO you shouldn't care so much anyway :p If he's being like that, don't help him!

Permabanned
Quote furnace

"Simple. Tell him he just needs to do this;

Grease up the fans a little bit. A few drips of vegetable oil on each fan should do the trick - gets em going faster and smoother!

A bit of volt modding to help get those extra megahurts - on the CPU, solder a few of the pins together - your choice of pins - to make sure there's a bit more electricity flowing around.

For a bit of water cooling; put the CPU in the sink for a while and cover it in cold water.

Putting a couple batteries in the CD drive could help him get that extra little bit of power he needs.

Now, simply remove the BIOS chip from the motherboard so the computer forgets to run slow.""

ahahahah
Brit´s Com in tha best
d´ont take me wrong ,mate,but is very funny :)

Associate
OP
YOUR HONOUR- IT WAS A MERCY KILLING.

THANX 4 All the great ideas Fellas. I thought about just sticking his PSU up his ******* arse but, Im pretty sure I would be breaking one 'petty' law or another?( 'specially if I turned it on). Would I get away with a mercy killing? If you met the little **** you'd know what I meant! I'll tell him to 'ramp' his V-CORE up to 12V, touch his MB then, shake God's hand on his way past. :D

*Cut the swearing out - J*

Soldato
hardc0re_tid said:
no offence dude but your getting quite close to the knuckle and will be permabanned quite soon with an attitude like that
Indeed. One letter un-starred in a sweary is usually all you'd get away with, but I spy a four-letter one there... :p

Andy; Just leave him to it and don't help him

Caporegime
Andy Smelt said:
THANX 4 All the great ideas Fellas. I thought about just sticking his PSU up his ******* arse but, Im pretty sure I would be breaking one 'petty' law or another?( 'specially if I turned it on). Would I get away with a mercy killing? If you met the little **** you'd know what I meant! I'll tell him to 'ramp' his V-CORE up to 12V, touch his MB then, shake God's hand on his way past. :D

Yep, remove the 'T' word before it's looked at in the wrong way :)

Also, if he's that desperate, print him off the Forum sticky guide to overclocking. Let him read it, has he ever overclocked before?

If not, i suggest he certainly reads up on it, i read loads before i even attempted to overclock, properly anyways. And even then i got a buddy to give me a hand.

*And don't quote it -J*

Last edited:
Caporegime
We could always not tell people and just let them get banned :)

It's called looking out for people, and informing them on the profanity rules actually. Merely trying to help.

Back
Top Bottom