BlueTooth earbuds for running

Soldato
Not sure if best to ask in here or the audio forum, but as you can get many types of BT earbud, I wanted some advice from those who would wear them during activity rather than focusing on outright audio performance.

So, they're not for me, but the girlfriend. Don't want them to be too unsightly, and should ideally come with a few different shaped buds to find the best fit.

Likely to be paired with an S6, budget say £50

Ta

Soldato
My wife got me some soundpeats. They’re alright but the battery could last longer. They were a lot cheaper than your budget though.

What I’ve found are the ones which hook over your ear work are better than any other type.

I saw some branded by Karrimor in Sports Direct a while back for £35. Not sure if they’d be any good.

Soldato
Anker is generally decent.

I tried some of the cheap non-brand stuff on Amazon and ended up getting Jaybirds due to the quality. I've never had a bad experience with Anker's other products though.

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
I have some Jabra Pulse, work well with the phone, but not so well with my Apple watch. They are quite expensive as they have a HRM built in, can normally be had for sensible money from CEX etc. Sound quality isnt anything to write home about though, but they fit really well, and battery life is 3-4 hours.

Caporegime
I got a set of Mpow something-or-others from Amazon for like £17 the other day. Did a 5k with them, they worked. They've got little hooks to go over your ears to help them stay put.

Transmission breaker
Don
Agreed, got an Mpow 2nd gen cheetah set here.
16.99 and have been very handy on my regular 5k runs, the odd bike ride and sometimes even around the house when I can't find my proper over-ear set.

Associate
I've got some jabra sport pace earbuds a while back, used them for countless 10ks and the great north run and have never let me down, stayed put all the time and are really lightweight.

Man of Honour
I bought the £16.99 TaoTronics ones off Amazon and think they’re great for the money.

They come with various sized in ear bits and a little carry bag.

Absolutely this. Have tried these and their £20 updated version. Both are great. Funnily I tried some £170 Jaybird Run Earbuds and have gone back to my £20 TaoTronics! Amazing fit, great sounds quality, strong connection. I couldn’t gym without them.

Associate
Absolutely this. Have tried these and their £20 updated version. Both are great. Funnily I tried some £170 Jaybird Run Earbuds and have gone back to my £20 TaoTronics! Amazing fit, great sounds quality, strong connection. I couldn’t gym without them.

Similar for me. I use a pair of wired Soundmagic E10's but wanted some wireless for whilst i was rowing. Tried the jaybird x3 and for the price, the sound is absolutely garbage.

Then i got some of £25 TaoTronics from the rainforest place. Compared to the soundmagics, the sound is still pretty poor... but for the price, so far they have been excellent. Easily comparable to the jaybird in terms of sound. They seem very comfortable and so far have been rock solid. I would deffo recommend them if sound quality isn't a high priority.

Back
Top Bottom