1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth headsphones from PC?

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by BUDFORCE, Dec 7, 2018 at 8:05 AM.

1. BUDFORCE

Hitman

Hi guys,

I got a set of Sony Wireless headphones for my Birthday (MDR-XB650BT).

They connect via bluetooth which is great for my phone, but it is possible from my PC?

My PC doesnt have bluetooth, is there some dongle or some such thing I can get for my PC?

My PC just has the onboard sound (MSI motherboard) and I normally just use the audio output (headphone jack etc) in the PC.

Thanks in advance.

2. Woodsta888

Hitman

3. Marsman

Capodecina

I had a Bluetooth headset some years ago and getting it to work and pair was a complete pain in the butt. I hope Microsoft have made it easier with Windows 10. Often the problem was Windows kept on installing it's own terrible drivers, which in my experience, never worked.

For what a Bluetooth dongle costs, it's worth trying, even if it's still a complete pain in the butt to configure.

4. inogen

Mobster

Also be aware that the (at least this was true the last time I went through this rigmarole) that the connection distance is also down to your headset and not the radius offered by your PC or dongle.

With mine, If I went any further than about 2m from my PC the connection dropped. Not something you necessarily notice when connected to a phone.

5. Woodsta888

Hitman

Bought one recently from big PC retailer and it was plug & play in W10. ASUS USB BT400

6. BUDFORCE

Hitman

This is the one I have gone for, fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

7. Marsman

Capodecina

Good to hear they have finally simplified the process of connecting an audio Bluetooth device.

Microsoft need a new slogan; it might take us many years, but we'll get there.... eventually. :p