1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bluetooth mouse clicks twice

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Apex, 31 Oct 2021.

1. Apex

Capodecina

i have a corsair harpoon rgb mouse connected by bluetooth. i use the keys on the left to go back and forward on a webpage. when i click the back button, it always always always goes back twice.

it also sometimes does it for the left click, but then also almost always on the right click it will click twice, meaning i need to use the keyboard to get the right key result.

now what's really weird, is the right clicking clicking twice, doesn't happen on the windows desktop screen, chrome, outlook app, but it does within certain other apps, which makes me think it's not a hardware issue but perhaps some corsair software issue.

any way, others heard of this? any suggestions

2. rumple9

Gangster

Thats the switch on the mouse failing, time for a new one

3. smogsy

Sgarrista

steps I would do

1. Ensure no 2.4ghz devices are around, my phone when mobile data or WIFI is activate has done this exact thing on my Logitech mouse
    2. you could try uninstall the software & see how it goes
    3. open the mouse up & check for dirt (had thick dust stick button down for longer hence double clicks)

4. flux64

Gangster

yeah sounds like the switch is on it's way out on the mouse as i had a very similar issue last year so had to replace it

5. Apex

Capodecina

Id think the same if it wasn't that it didn't double click on certain programs.