BMW 330Ci oil light just came on?

Soldato
People seem to forget that the car cost well over £20k(?) new so despite it only costing £4k it will still cost the same to run as a £20k car. Just because it costs that little doesn't mean it's going to cost little to keep on the road.

A rare glimpse of sensibility on this forum...

Soldato
Yea mine was about £34k new I think or something like that, although mine was loaded with options to be fair, everything except Xenon lights basically.

Soldato
I really couldn't tell you exactly, I didn't buy it new, I bought it when it was 2 years old. I'm sure the 330CI cost more than £24k new, even if you didn't raid the options list.

Soldato
OT but is there a way of finding out how much was paid for the car by the first owner?

I priced one up on the BMW site as a brand new 58 plate Z4 with the same options as mine and it came to £39k IIRC but obviously that's not particularly reliable.

Soldato
Not knowing what the light does is a bit silly, but there is really no need to be doing the dirty task of manually checking oil levels in a car with oil sensors which does not leak or burn oil.

How do you know it doesn't burn oil? BMW's can burn oil as can most modern cars.

Since oil level sensors can and do fail then the minuscule time and effort of using a dipstick on a weekly basis (which is hardly a dirty task unless you wipe it on yourself) isn't exactly a major burden is it? Do you take you car to a garage to top up the washer fluid in case you get wet?

Permabanned
OT but is there a way of finding out how much was paid for the car by the first owner?

I priced one up on the BMW site as a brand new 58 plate Z4 with the same options as mine and it came to £39k IIRC but obviously that's not particularly reliable.

The dealer should be able to show you the original invoice. Mine was for 41k, with nav, 60,000 service pack etc.

Soldato
How do you know it doesn't burn oil? BMW's can burn oil as can most modern cars.

Since oil level sensors can and do fail then the minuscule time and effort of using a dipstick on a weekly basis (which is hardly a dirty task unless you wipe it on yourself) isn't exactly a major burden is it? Do you take you car to a garage to top up the washer fluid in case you get wet?

New BMW's don't have a dipstick at all!

Back
Top Bottom