1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW and M Power Owners

Discussion in 'Motors' started by panthro, 12 Apr 2012.

1. hartgeh3

Wise Guy

2. father-ted

Hitman

I just really don't like the chrome around the grille (I changed it on my 4 series as well) - black looks much better, just my personal opinion of course.
    Thanks for the GO1 confirmation.

3. father-ted

Hitman

4. mjt

Capodecina

Indeed, makes sense, and you turn it on by pressing the distance button.
    Can't believe I never knew; I've had the car for 2 years :(

It's like the time I discovered you could view track information/radio text on my A6 MMI 3 years into ownership...

5. Tom|Nbk

Capodecina

Just picked up my 2015 435d x-Drive. Brute & bully of a car

6. TheVoice

Capodecina

Yep, load of rubbish:
    https://twitter.com/WMPolice/status/1437747907592167427

7. dLockers

Soldato

8. hurfdurf

Sgarrista

9. ChrisD.

Caporegime

10. hurfdurf

Sgarrista

Indeed. Who knows the truth, I certainly don’t. But I can imagine and have experienced situations where the owner has made up how they were innocent and told a tall tale of injustice to try and lose the reputation that they were buying stolen goods and are complicit in that horrendous activity.

11. Greebo

Caporegime

indeed when I was younger my mate claimed the cops had unfairly seized his car as they thought it had being used in a robbery. They ended up keeping it for 6 months and he had to buy another car. He claimed the cops knew it wasnt the car used in the robbery but wouldnt give it back to him. Claimed he got a solicitor involved and successfully sued them for £10k. None of us believed him but he stuck to the story.

12. Stringy

Mobster

BMW Insured Warranty question, regarding the policy booklet condition that:
    what does this mean for consumables like brake pads/discs where my understanding is that all brakes on sale need to conform to a minimum standard to be on sale at all? Would I need to stipulate a certain brand was used if I went to an independent? Is it unlikely to affect the warranty anyway as the brake pads/discs can't be claimed against in the warranty, so buying non-OE brakes would have no bearing on any claim in the future?
    [/Stupid question]

13. Greebo

Caporegime

Every pad and disc may well past minimum UK standards but clearly specifications vary. Ceramic brakes are going to be better performing than your £30 bargain basement motor factors discs and pads. I suppose just like the do with the tyres, expect you to put a certain quality on the car. I know for my bosses SQ8 which was being serviced in house in our garage there was a choice of brakes pads from £28 to £169. Audi's were something even more ridiculous above that. They will be expecting you to put ones towards the top end compared with the £28 ones IMO.

If in doubt its normally dead easy to find which brand the pads/discs are and buy then much cheaper than BMW will charge you for. You then have no argument.

14. theone8181

Soldato

That sounds like he had a crash but came up with a cover story.

15. dLockers

Soldato

Yep, or like a friend of mine, missed the payments and had the car seized, sold at Auction and the balance returned to him.

"Yeah they even paid me compensation!!1"

16. Shadowness

Mobster

I had a message from a very excitable salesman yesterday day simply saying they had some great news for me! Ask to call them back for further details.

I assume they're desperate to get my 140 in the used car stock. I'm still happy with it, so they would have to offer me something ridiculous for me to swap out of it.

WBAC are offering £27k for it!

17. Robbo

Capo Crimine

Best part of 30 grand for a second hand 1 Series? Worth hearing them out.

18. Shadowness

Mobster

I keep getting emails every week saying it's gone up in price, and it's usually about £500 each time.

It's pretty much mint (apart from the odd chips marks hear and there). 19 plate, 13,000 miles, most desirable spec.

I've got £20k outstanding. Not sure what the best move is given the current second hand market. Seems like a good time to take advantage if I knew how.......

19. Spleen Sauce

Wise Guy

If you can get away with driving just about anything and want to clear off the debt, sell it off, pay off the remaining balance, get yourself a showpiece (banger) and use that until things calm down. That or just hold onto it if you can afford it and you like the car.

20. TheVoice

Capodecina

Couple of vids from WMP Traffic officers discussing the rumours and outright false information that was going around:
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CT6efh5IX0d/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CT6flPSI2n9/

Unsurprisingly, it was a cut-and-shut, and the owner didn't successfully sue, get a "court order" and receive compensation.