1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW and M Power Owners

Discussion in 'Motors' started by panthro, 12 Apr 2012.

1. BennyC

Capodecina

Strange issue this weekend on my E92 following disconnecting the battery. (To install an MMI unit but this occurs irrespective of whether it's fitted or not.)

Car comes to life and behaves normally, starts, all functions work fine, except the doors not locking by either dash button or remote fob. The battery needs disconnecting for a further 30-40 minutes before reconnecting and it will then function normally.

What could be causing this? I have an aftermarket alarm but I'm confident it's not interfering as all the signals & sounds it gives me suggest it's behaving. So this must be down the the OEM alarm or function...

The door dash button and remote fob 'lock' will sound the actuators in the doors but doesn't actually lock them. What's even more weird is that if I push the door trim pin's 'down', when I press the unlock button on the fob, it will unlock the doors but not re-lock them?! It feels like something somewhere needs time to 'clear'. I couldn't find any threads on line replicating this issue.

Door handles internal/external still function as you'd expect.

Any ideas?

2. arfoll

Wise Guy

So it really depends on your prios, I agree that lumbar not being included is ridiculous but I just have that as the option. Electric memory seat for driver and no memory for passenger are standard.

Unlike fox I don't care about the upgraded lights, I think the standard ones are just fine. I also love the integral active steering, it makes such a wide car manageable in town and at high speed with the air suspension it makes the car way more luxurious than it usually would. I don't have the acoustic glass because went above my set budget but that was my next option. I'll admit at UK motorway speeds not sure how essential it is, car is pretty quiet but I've never backed to backed it.

Oh and heated armrests. That's just essential, I love them.

3. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

If I'm spending £80,000 on an SUV I want it to be a bit more than just fine to be fair :p

4. dLockers

Sgarrista

No one is going to trouble shoot past your 3rd paragraph :o

5. Greebo

Caporegime

Right settled on this finally

https://configure.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/configid/e6j5d4on - £79,320

BMW X5 45e Msport in Tanzanite Blue

Comfort Pack
    Technology Plus pack
    Towbar
    Sun Protection Glass

managed to get 8.5% discount from the dealer so makes it £72,577.80. I had hoped to get it under £70k but 8.5% doesnt seem to be a bad discount under the current climate?

Last edited: 27 Sep 2021
  6. ChrisD.

Caporegime

That's the M3 in the garage for the foreseeable. Absolutely no super unleaded in the area and I don't want to waste any more fuel trying to find some. I was hoping to take it to Cornwall next week as we're going away on holiday but we managed to find regular E10 for the Tiguan will be used instead. The current fuel situation IMO has been solely created by the media.

7. chanjy

Mobster

Just fill the M3 up next week ? Sure it'll all be fine by then tbh. People haven't suddenly started using more petrol so the demand for petrol stations will be well down over the next few weeks I bet.

Maybe you're part of the problem trying to fill it up right now for a trip next week :p

8. roadie

Mobster

Exactly!

9. ChrisD.

Caporegime

I went to fill it up as it's on the fuel light.

The Tiguan has been filled up as it's in daily use and was also on the fuel light.

Perhaps you shouldn't be so presumptuous. ;)

10. MacRS4

Mobster

I don't use my car that much, so why do I now feel like I've been grounded aha. Supposed to be going to this Lotus event tomorrow too. Hmmm.

[​IMG]

11. mjt

Capodecina

Tanzanite blue doesn’t do anything for me. I’d get that dark red or spend less on a non-Individual colour personally. Black leather is boring too :p

12. dLockers

Sgarrista

You gotta be a top revenue earner/have copious amounts of corner sofas and Gucci belts to be spanking 5 grand on rear dual zone aircon + rear cooled seats + some vibrating front seats and soft close doors. And then a further 3 grand of crap rear infotainment - do your kids not have iPads?

Not sure if you spotted either but it says 45e doesn't get the M-Sport exhaust (assuming you have something better?)

That said £72k for a new 45e seems to be cheaper than what is available second hand at the moment.

13. Jonnycoupe

Capodecina

Range Rover Sport didn’t appeal?

14. Greebo

Caporegime

i haven’t, I only went for the comfort pack not the comfort plus and didn’t go for the entertainment pack either. Wanted comfort for the adjustable seats and keyless entry and heated steering wheel. All standard on the merc, bmw make you pay extra sadly

15. Greebo

Caporegime

isn’t the dark red the same price or do you mean the normal bright red? Plus black is practical. I would murder ivory and coffee just looks like poo

16. Greebo

Caporegime

no they break down, extras cost even more than bmw charge, engine is just a four potter in the hybrid and **** all electric range plus delivery time is at least a year on factory orders.

17. DRZ

Soldato

Pretty sure you have to have extensive face/neck tattoos to be eligible to buy a Range Rover Sport.

18. theone8181

Soldato

Don't you have to be a "soccer mom":cry:.

19. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Are they still selling the one that came out nearly 8 years ago? Probably wanted something modern for 80 grand.

20. Jonnycoupe

Capodecina

Good feedback :cry: :)