BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I don't think there is any sensible comparison of the two. If your budget is 50k it shouldn't be anywhere near an F80 and if it's an F80 you want I'd want to be spending much less.

Maybe it isn’t a sensible comparison as such; I’d previously wanted an F80 and the opportunity arose this weekend. Upon being somewhat disappointed I then looked at the F90, as there was one there and it felt more inline with my expectations.

It’s maybe not the traditional approach to car buying where you have a set requirement and budget, but there you go.

Man of Honour
So you have 25K to spend and you want an estate and ideally a 3L 6 cylinder, what do you buy?

I keep looking at F10 535D Touring models which though I know are a superb car they are still carrying toppy prices for a good one. I did find an ideal car with Active etc but that was 30K and that is madness for a car of that age....or is it?

Discuss

Man of Honour
30k for an F10 is absolutely ridiculous and I say that as a huge fan of them. I don't think I'd be happy paying more than 20k for one these days. I really like mine but I've had it years!

If I had 30k I'd probably try to find a G31.

Soldato
Soldato
So you have 25K to spend and you want an estate and ideally a 3L 6 cylinder, what do you buy?

I keep looking at F10 535D Touring models which though I know are a superb car they are still carrying toppy prices for a good one. I did find an ideal car with Active etc but that was 30K and that is madness for a car of that age....or is it?

Discuss
A4 3.0TDI? :p

Soldato
Sold an F11 535d LCI with a huge number of options a few years ago for £16k.. it's nuts at the moment

Man of Honour
It's 6 year old 7 series for 30 thousand quid, I don't think you need worry about someone buying it.

Given what people are paying for far worse cars, seems alright to me.

Not a good time to buying at the moment full stop though really.

A decent 3 litre G31 Estate will likely be over 30k, nevermind 25.

Man of Honour
Sold an F11 535d LCI with a huge number of options a few years ago for £16k.. it's nuts at the moment
Which shows what the marketplace is like right now, crazy.

I want something with space in the back and I like the idea of an estate as I have stuff I really could do with shifting now and again so the space is worthwhile. I have the impractical car so need something that provides lugging space. I have family in Devon for example, have stuff I need to take down there (exercise bike, table, jet wash etc etc) and it's been sitting around. I could get a courier but old parents means that adds complexity due to where they live and access etc.

Man of Honour
Good God nooooo. :D

A4 is fine when you get one as a hire car, but not to live with unless it has an RS badge. XF just no..... Ovlov I am open to, did find myself looking at imported 850R's last night which seem to all be around 10K....but not manual. I would consider one for sure though after I spotted one at Caffeine and Machine and though it looked the nuts.

s9C1dkp.jpg

It sounded fantastic.

Man of Honour
Another example of how daft things are, well over £1,500 more than it was advertised for in May with 5k less on the clock.
I don't mind 1500 quid rise, I can deal with that, but not 10K overs.

I am using my Merc for everything at the moment and its silly.

Top Bottom