BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
Is it just me or do all the warranty prices I've seen posted here seem quite a lot? How often has anyone actually saved money with one?
It’s expensive for me but then M cars can throw massive bills. I’ve no interest in modifying mine so I’ll just put it down to M car ownership costs and have peace of mind.

Caporegime
730? I’d love a 7 series when I’m a bit older and perhaps get a track car again.

Yep, it's a pity BMW just price everything without much thought :(

When the renewal is through it's meant to be a bit cheaper, but I bet it'll still be a lot.

Caporegime
Yep, it's a pity BMW just price everything without much thought :(

When the renewal is through it's meant to be a bit cheaper, but I bet it'll still be a lot.
The Tiguan is just over £800 for two years for the warranty. Which includes breakdown, servicing and an MOT. Mad isn’t it.

I’d be renewing an AUC warranty, so wouldn’t I be eligible for renewal prices? Or doesn’t it work like that when it switches from AUC to insured?

Caporegime
The Tiguan is just over £800 for two years for the warranty. Which includes breakdown, servicing and an MOT. Mad isn’t it.

I’d be renewing an AUC warranty, so wouldn’t I be eligible for renewal prices? Or doesn’t it work like that when it switches from AUC to insured?

Mine is an AUC renewal too. I think there is a discount applied if you renew/continue the AUC warranty but I'm not sure exactly what it is. It's due in a couple of months so I'll soon find out!

Caporegime
Mine is an AUC renewal too. I think there is a discount applied if you renew/continue the AUC warranty but I'm not sure exactly what it is. It's due in a couple of months so I'll soon find out!
Let me know when you do.

Soldato
Is it just me or do all the warranty prices I've seen posted here seem quite a lot? How often has anyone actually saved money with one?

It's insurance. The insurance company makes the profit overall. Not you.

Reading this thread it'd make you think everyone is claiming and that's ignoring the rare engine blow-ups that must happen but you hear less about. If you are selling insurance and everyone is gonna claim, how much will you charge?

Soldato
It's insurance. The insurance company makes the profit overall. Not you.

Reading this thread it'd make you think everyone is claiming and that's ignoring the rare engine blow-ups that must happen but you hear less about. If you are selling insurance and everyone is gonna claim, how much will you charge?
Insurance is a legal requirement, not quite the same thing. I'm just wondering how many 4-6 year old cars develop faults which make the extended warranty viable.

Soldato
Let me know when you do.

mine was an AUC renewal, the operator over the phone said that the discount applied
mine would've been ~£600 w/o the discount, apparently

Caporegime
mine was an AUC renewal, the operator over the phone said that the discount applied
mine would've been ~£600 w/o the discount, apparently
Did they get in touch with you or did you have to call them? Come to think of it I don’t recall getting any AUC paperwork.

Soldato
Insurance is a legal requirement, not quite the same thing. I'm just wondering how many 4-6 year old cars develop faults which make the extended warranty viable.

I'm not talking about car insurance. The BMW Insured Warranty is an insurance product underwritten and administered by Allianz.

You will almost never be in a situation where you can expect to claim more than the cost of the insurance on average, at least not based on something like age which is known to the insurer. Not only is that because of claims, but premiums have to cover the expenses BMW and Allianz incur.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did they get in touch with you or did you have to call them? Come to think of it I don’t recall getting any AUC paperwork.
apparently you should get a letter 4-6 weeks before your AUC finishes, but i didn't receive mine because they got my address wrong lol
its very easy to call and sort it all out over the phone anyhow...so i wouldn't stress about not receiving anything through the post

Soldato
I'm not talking about car insurance. The BMW Insured Warranty is an insurance product underwritten and administered by Allianz.

You will almost never be in a situation where you can expect to claim more than the cost of the insurance on average, at least not based on something like age which is known to the insurer. Not only is that because of claims, but premiums have to cover the expenses BMW and Allianz incur.
Sorry was sure you mentioned car insurance (had a few beers). I understand the premise behind the premium but wondering how many on here actually made use of it. Like I said, I doubt I'd go for extended based on the prices I've seen.

Man of Honour

It is priced by series not model, a 1 series is very cheap and a 7 series is very expensive despite sharing many components.

The prices quoted here are 5 series prices, in my opinion the price of the 5 series policy is expensive, quite close infact to being too expensive. If you drive a 1 series or a 3 series it's much cheaper - I have just renewed our Mini for 300 quid.

It'll be very cheap for your 1 series renewal I'd imagine.

Soldato
It’s expensive for me but then M cars can throw massive bills. I’ve no interest in modifying mine so I’ll just put it down to M car ownership costs and have peace of mind.
Chris, that price seems wrong to me (maybe right for >60,000 miles). I have my M3 (now on 83k miles) under BMW warranty, comprehensive with the £250 excess. I took it out when the car was on about 52k miles (when my AUC warranty expired) and I chose the pay monthly option to ensure I keep the lower price. It ends up costing just a smidge over £1k / year this way. Ive had that warranty for two years now and in that time I've had about £1800 of warranty work done, so it's not really paid for itself, but then the car's also not thrown any major wobblers either. It is, as you say, peace of mind.