BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
You need to have a switch by the controls for wing mirrors which, when toggled, will open/close the mirrors.

If you don’t have it, you can’t code it
Ah ok, some false information going around then as apparently all 4 series have the equipment installed, just needs coding.

Oh well, just hope they don’t get knocked off. :D

Soldato
Have to admit I've gone the other way and sold my F31 to pick up a Merc E400d estate. Looking forward to trying something different but I'll probably regret not getting a 5 series :p

Commissario
Finally got the M340i serviced and in for a recall for something on the front wing, only had to wait for an hour so could get on with some work.
That Black Friday service pack meant it cost me nothing today, great service from BMW Watford (surprisingly!)

Soldato
Ah ok, some false information going around then as apparently all 4 series have the equipment installed, just needs coding.

Oh well, just hope they don’t get knocked off. :D

if you have electric memory seats then the wiring for folding mirrors is there, but you would need to fit them. If you don't have memory seats then the wiring for folding mirrors isn't there either iirc.

Soldato
I almost know the answer before I ask the question - but are the lead times on say something like a 530d Touring presently quite long? I'm in need of a new car for the end of May (this year!) - I've not even started looking yet, do I need to get my skates on?!

Soldato
I almost know the answer before I ask the question - but are the lead times on say something like a 530d Touring presently quite long? I'm in need of a new car for the end of May (this year!) - I've not even started looking yet, do I need to get my skates on?!
Pretty sure you've missed out on a brand new car already tbh

Soldato

Probably need to get your skates on if you want a factory order car for May next year :p

If you want a car on your driveway this May, I suspect you'll be forced into choosing from in stock options, cancelled orders, nearly new etc.

Caporegime

If you aren't fussy on exact spec you should be able to find a dealer order and grab that.

Factory order from now? Highly unlikely.

I am currently awaiting my x5 order for delivery on 14th march which I placed on 30th September so five and half months lead time.

Soldato
Ok, thanks chaps. I think I need to start the ball rolling. I potentially may not be majorly fussy on spec, driving a V90 R Design at the moment which does come with a good spec, some of the V90 bells and whistles are a must, some I could live without/leave behind.

Does the 530d M Sport have a remote start option from a phone app? Or is it just off the key?

Soldato
My V90 does it, it is really useful, but not a deal breaker.
Interesting! Seems a few companies are less black and white with the rules (engine running unoccupied - presumably verging on the grey that it's okay on your own driveway).

I noticed at least 10 cars/vans this morning on the road with engine running preheating. People are far too trust worthy.

Top Bottom