BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I think he was referring to engine cars. I’m not sure about the black and white nature of the rules when all cars exceed 70mph so require driver discipline. My neighbour started his Range Rover sport (not remote) and left it running.

Amazon delivery guy took two looks at it when walking back to his battered Astra!

haven’t seen you post for a while merlin!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I think he was referring to engine cars. I’m not sure about the black and white nature of the rules when all cars exceed 70mph so require driver discipline. My neighbour started his Range Rover sport (not remote) and left it running.

Amazon delivery guy took two looks at it when walking back to his battered Astra!

Yeah, my dad's G20 330i has pre-conditioning and other remote functions, so the 530e definitely will. The BMW app is rather good, as is Audi's.

Soldato
Super useful to get the car warmed up or cooled down before you get to the car.

I could start the car and have the cabin warm up or cool down from 100 miles away (pointless, but it's possible), it's all done off the phone app so you don't need to be near the car at all. Also you can unlock the car from anywhere so if you're out shopping and a family member makes it back to the car sooner than you do - you can let them into the car off the app. Paired with the car having heated windscreen etc and winter morning faff is a thing of the past. I start the car off my phone as I'm eating my breakfast and then 15 mins later you walk out the house to a perfectly demisted car, cabin warm, heated seats on, steering wheel warm etc.

I've gotten old haven't I? :p

Soldato

Hi Jonny. Hope you and your brother are well.

Always around, just mostly lurking in the cycling section here as I prefer cycling to driving! Last year I did 6,000 miles on my road bike, and around 5,000 a year in my car. :eek:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Super useful to get the car warmed up or cooled down before you get to the car.

I could start the car and have the cabin warm up or cool down from 100 miles away (pointless, but it's possible), it's all done off the phone app so you don't need to be near the car at all. Also you can unlock the car from anywhere so if you're out shopping and a family member makes it back to the car sooner than you do - you can let them into the car off the app. Paired with the car having heated windscreen etc and winter morning faff is a thing of the past. I start the car off my phone as I'm eating my breakfast and then 15 mins later you walk out the house to a perfectly demisted car, cabin warm, heated seats on, steering wheel warm etc.

I've gotten old haven't I? :p
Passats have all these modern features now? :eek:

Soldato
Hey guys, looking at getting new rears on the F80.

Currently running MPS4S on a 275 35 19. Should I stick or twist to MPSS on a slightly wider tyre as some on the interwebs have?

We get less than 10 days of rain a year with the majority of the time spent in sweltering heat so tyres that can last are a big plus!

Soldato
if you have electric memory seats then the wiring for folding mirrors is there, but you would need to fit them. If you don't have memory seats then the wiring for folding mirrors isn't there either iirc.
I don’t have memory seats unfortunately, wasn’t high on my list of things as I rarely move my seat as it is.

Caporegime
Hey guys, looking at getting new rears on the F80.

Currently running MPS4S on a 275 35 19. Should I stick or twist to MPSS on a slightly wider tyre as some on the interwebs have?

We get less than 10 days of rain a year with the majority of the time spent in sweltering heat so tyres that can last are a big plus!
Maybe go with MPSS, they are great with some heat in them but not so great in the UK weather hence most people here switch to MP4S. From what I've read, in ideal conditions the BMW star MPSS is a better tyre.

I really want to put MP4S on mine, however the dealer but a set of 4 new MPSS on just before I bought it so it seems a waste, although I could store them.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
In the warm and dry MPSS is the better tyre - it has more outright grip and has stiffer sidewalls so steering feel and turn-in is better. In every other way, the PS4S is better. The * marked PS4S is even better again as it has a BMW-specific setup and compound although still has softer sidewalls etc.
You could run Cup2 all year round there though, more than hot/dry enough!

Soldato
Having run MPSS through a winter and struggling with really poor traction (RWD Alpina D3BT) I haven’t used them again, especially after switching to PS4S.

Luckily my M5 came with PS4S and I think they are still fabulous, especially for use throughout the year.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Having run MPSS through a winter and struggling with really poor traction (RWD Alpina D3BT) I haven’t used them again, especially after switching to PS4S.

Luckily my M5 came with PS4S and I think they are still fabulous, especially for use throughout the year.

I have been lucky enough to run both MPSS and PS4S on my M3 and M2 and ran PS4S on the M5. In the UK then I would definitely agree that on average the PS4S is the best tyre for us for year-round use. skaif is in the Middle East so has a much better climate where things like rain aren't as much of a concern most of the time :)

Soldato
I have been lucky enough to run both MPSS and PS4S on my M3 and M2 and ran PS4S on the M5. In the UK then I would definitely agree that on average the PS4S is the best tyre for us for year-round use. skaif is in the Middle East so has a much better climate where things like rain aren't as much of a concern most of the time :)

Ah yes of course, I forgot he was in ME. I think I blocked it out when he told us about the ‘extortionate’ petrol costs over there ;)

Totally, that would be MPSS all the way then.

Top Bottom