BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I vote Blue aka Z4M

Mine doesn't have blue. Why don't I have blue?!

What I do have is a lighter wallet after the M had new front tyres, an inspection 2 service and an MOT. Took it to the guys at M-Tek in Northampton, and their service was very good (touch wood the car doesn't fall apart now).

Soldato
[TW]Fox;26476296 said:
30 grand for a 4 year old with business nav and 60k miles :D
More than you can afford pal :p :p

FULL M5 CONVERSION, INCLUDING WINGS BUMPERS EXHAUST AND WHEELS COST THOUSANDS!!!

Soldato
^^ YES :D

How come you are coming back btw? :)

Long story but I guess the biggest reason is we never "settled" in Oz so therefore have always felt transient here. Family and friends pull was pretty large back home but as we're both highly paid here, facing pay cuts of 50%, higher taxes and not too much lower cost of living is going to hurt somewhat.

I'd love a V8 W126 but the allure of a W124 coupe is pretty high too - I've always loved them. I wonder how feasible it would be to squeeze in a V8...

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Long story but I guess the biggest reason is we never "settled" in Oz so therefore have always felt transient here. Family and friends pull was pretty large back home but as we're both highly paid here, facing pay cuts of 50%, higher taxes and not too much lower cost of living is going to hurt somewhat.

I'd love a V8 W126 but the allure of a W124 coupe is pretty high too - I've always loved them. I wonder how feasible it would be to squeeze in a V8...

Why not come to England and have the best of both worlds, very little car taxes and highly paid jobs, but you are still a stones throw from Ireland and Europe etc? I can imagine a feeling of total isolation in Oz, a wonderful country but totally the wrong side of the world for me to ever think it could feel like home :(

Either of those Merc classics would be awesome, i love the 124 coupe too. :cool:

Soldato
anyone, anyone, bueller??

:p

I'm not sure how it would look, but I've actually fancied doing mine the dark red of the seats? I really like the way you can see the red leather from afar and think the calipers might match it nicely.

Alternatively get the roof wrapped black and just tidy the calipers up with a black spray to match.

Don
I'm not sure how it would look, but I've actually fancied doing mine the dark red of the seats? I really like the way you can see the red leather from afar and think the calipers might match it nicely.

Alternatively get the roof wrapped black and just tidy the calipers up with a black spray to match.

might take a trip to halfrauds and get the primer on then decide on the colour when I'm good and drunk :p

Soldato
Ok, I could use some advice on what is turning out to be a real pain in the arse job.

Problem: My right headlamp washer cover is missing. Here comes the good bit, the washer cover attaches to the washer jet. The top of the washer jet's fixing has snapped, the jet itself is fully functional. So I need a new jet and a new cover, which then needs painting. The front bumper was resprayed when I bought the car and it's a great job, so I may be able to ask the paintshop for the colour ref? That was a year ago.

Now I'm pretty hands on and there is a good guide to replacing it yourself so I just need the parts.

Does anyone know of any places cheaper than BMW themselves I could order these parts from (links to RealOEM should have them highlighted)? Ebay doesn't seem to be doing the trick on these. Otherwise I'll just ask BMW to get the parts, and to paint the cover when they're doing another black spray job.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Why not come to England and have the best of both worlds, very little car taxes and highly paid jobs, but you are still a stones throw from Ireland and Europe etc? I can imagine a feeling of total isolation in Oz, a wonderful country but totally the wrong side of the world for me to ever think it could feel like home :(

Either of those Merc classics would be awesome, i love the 124 coupe too. :cool:

UK is still a fairly large paycut from what I'm on now but we're certainly keeping it in our minds - it's just means starting our lives again.

Caporegime
Noticed my e46 325i touring is scrubbing the inside edge of my near side rear tyre, the off side seems fine though....

Any thoughts or shall I just let my local ATS branch take a look (I trust these guys more than Krap fit - they manage the fleet tyres at work, cars, vans & trucks...)

Associate
Checked if the trim is loose on the inside of the wheel arch? I had a rub on my passenger front left on just under full lock as the clip had broken and the trim had worked a bit loose.

Soldato
I might go look at a '04 330 clubsport, but it has 130k on the clock. Whilst it looks well looked after (decent tyres, new exhaust, and I will ask about any other work carried out), I assume even the best looked after and maintained cars will lose their 'tightness' after a while and wonder if 130k is past this mark?

Back
Top Bottom