BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
The dual zone climate control is what you have there. The side vents and footwell vents will reflect the zone temp set by the dials. The dial at the top is for the centre vents to quickly choose between heating or cooling. It's a great system unique to BMW still I believe.

So the temperature displayed is only a thermostat for the side (near the doors) and foot vents? The don't affect the middle two? Hmm.

I can sort of see how that would be useful, but I'm yet to be convinced it's "great" :)

Soldato
Found out the wet part of the car was in fact the brake line.

Not from the caliper though.

It appears the brake pipe is rusty and it's leaking from where it becomes a flexi.

Think I paid £120 for the rear, middle to rear section, brake pipes on my Almera, they looks pretty easy to access on the e39 so doubt they'd be much more?

Soldato
Sold my E46 320d MSport Touring and replaced it with it's bigger brother.

530d - Manual with full leather interior. :D

530d.jpg

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Took my M5 in for its running in service this morning. First they offend me with a 116d courtesy car (actually quite nice to drive but awful engine) then proceed to tell me my screenwash is "too weak" and I should pay them to replace it. It's the original screenwash supplied from new, by them. Not terribly impressed .

Soldato
Manual?! In that.

Nice car but thats an oddball choice :)

For my driving it's perfect, these Highland roads hate autos :p

[TW]Fox;29012472 said:
Don't offend the classic E46 by implying the E61 was its brother ;)

Typical you :p ,but yeh I get your point. Another kid on the way and the dog getting fatter by the day, something bigger than the 3 series was required.

Soldato
Took my M5 in for its running in service this morning. First they offend me with a 116d courtesy car (actually quite nice to drive but awful engine) then proceed to tell me my screenwash is "too weak" and I should pay them to replace it. It's the original screenwash supplied from new, by them. Not terribly impressed .

The courtesy car thing I can understand (unless you'd pre-arranged something different), but the screen wash issue is extracting the Michael! I presume you told them what to do with their proposal?

Soldato
Not too many highland roads down by Edinburgh? But I have been driving autos for years now and never had a problem on my roads.

I should really update that as I'm not based in town anymore. I find the manual much more rewarding than the auto. No problems at all with an auto, I just prefer the manual. I must also point out I did go and drive an A4 s-line quattro and an A6 s-line touring but I still preferred the BMW.

Or maybe it's just the fact I can still drift it :D

Soldato
Four brand new Conti 5's, a four wheel and steering wheel laser alignment, all worn bushes replaced and my E46 is still twitchy as hell on anything other than the smoothest of roads.

Grip is phenomenal but the car is persistently following any imperfections in the road. I'm not sure if it's just the way the car is on the low profile rubber, the Sport suspension or something else.

I'm running recommended pressures in the tyres but I'm wondering maybe putting some extras in the rears?

Car is stock, so starting to pull my hair out with what this could be. Thoughts appreciated... :)

Soldato
Four brand new Conti 5's, a four wheel and steering wheel laser alignment, all worn bushes replaced and my E46 is still twitchy as hell on anything other than the smoothest of roads.

Grip is phenomenal but the car is persistently following any imperfections in the road. I'm not sure if it's just the way the car is on the low profile rubber, the Sport suspension or something else.

I'm running recommended pressures in the tyres but I'm wondering maybe putting some extras in the rears?

Car is stock, so starting to pull my hair out with what this could be. Thoughts appreciated... :)

Mine is the same :)

I have changed everything apart from the rack. Its going in the garage for another look next week.

Soldato
Mine is the same :)

I have changed everything apart from the rack. Its going in the garage for another look next week.

It's so annoying, isn't it? If you do get anywhere with this mate let me know, I've scoured the internet and the go to response is "put matching tyres on it".

Annoyingly my previous E46 SE Saloon was running 18" MV1's with Linglong rubber and drove perfectly straight.

Soldato
Yes it drives me mad!! Driving down bumpy country lanes is a nightmare. Feels like the car is trying to kill me!

New shocks made a big difference but its still very twitchy. Most garages just say its normal because its a sport lol.

Soldato
Yes it drives me mad!! Driving down bumpy country lanes is a nightmare. Feels like the car is trying to kill me!

New shocks made a big difference but its still very twitchy. Most garages just say its normal because its a sport lol.

I've pretty much heard the same things over and over.

It does feel seriously dangerous to drive sometimes. So much so I'd not want someone driving it without me explaining to them how twitchy it is.

It's a shame because when it's behaving it's such a pleasure to throw around.

Soldato
I know how you feel!

My girlfriend is insured on my car but I haven't let her drive it yet as I know she would end up in a ditch or crashing in to the central reservation.

I think I will just get the rack changed anyway as they are relatively cheap for a refurb. The labour to fit is also reasonable as access is good. If that doesnt work then I'm all out of ideas.

Back
Top Bottom