BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
You can get Bosch wipers at euro car parts for 25 quid and like I said, you can book the most major service on a 335 with the vehicle check on top too for less than 450 quid.

Soldato
Saw my inlaws new x1 hybrid. Does look quite small, and I'm surprised how big the boot is. He's disapointed in the range though as he's used to a 116d. We had a discussion as to what platform it uses as he was convinced it was on a 5 series (Google tells me it's on the 3). He reckons you could fit 3 car seats across the back seat but I'm highly suspicious that they would fit.

Man of Honour
Saw my inlaws new x1 hybrid. Does look quite small, and I'm surprised how big the boot is. He's disapointed in the range though as he's used to a 116d. We had a discussion as to what platform it uses as he was convinced it was on a 5 series (Google tells me it's on the 3). He reckons you could fit 3 car seats across the back seat but I'm highly suspicious that they would fit.

It's actually basically a Mini Countryman, it's on the BMW FWD platform.

Man of Honour
Actually the series 2 active tourer came first using the UKL2 platform before any mini's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_UKL_platform

If you want to get pedantic the Mini hatch was first, given it's just a longer version of that platform. But either way, the Countryman and the X1 are essentially the Mini/BMW entry level SUV. There are no major non styling related differences.

It certainly isn't a 5 Series or a 3 Series - it's FWD without the ZF gearboxes for a start :D

Soldato
We picked this up on Thurs. Really impressed with it so far. The seat colour wasn't really our first choice but after looking at a LOT of pictures, the "normal" black interior just seemed boring as hell.
Its got a few more gadgets than the outgoing X3 had, But not through want of trying.

https://video.citnow.com/vtw7Rxq3SYy

Been out for our first all electric run.. It makes a real cool noise. In town driving is perfectly fine and you wouldn't notice its down on power... But come out of town and put your foot down...I though something had broke....

Done 600 miles in hybrid mode. Bit of a difference to just electric.
In sport mode I was shocked at how this thing pulls and gets into naughty numbers very quickly.

Also first Petrol engine since my V8 AMG. I love this "detuned" straight six.

Last edited:
Soldato

Fox, Can you shed any light on this camera issue that is holding up new M5's and now it also looks like its affecting new M3's

My stock sale car should have been available within 2 weeks. Its now getting on for 5 and the dealer is hopeful he'll have better news in the next few weeks.

Man of Honour
Absolutely no idea I'm afraid :( But there seem to be lots of issues like this at the moment due to supply problems for various components.

Soldato
Absolutely no idea I'm afraid :( But there seem to be lots of issues like this at the moment due to supply problems for various components.

Seeing cars that are already in the country. Listed as available on BMW new stock locator, But there is a "Campaign hold" on releasing them... I think in the US there was an issue with the rear camera being slightly obscured but BMW seem tight lipped on this. Obviously BMW cant sell a brand new car with a known fault, and that seems to be the hold up. Cars already sold should be getting a recall notice in due course...

Back
Top Bottom