BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
yes, but it is the processor in the amp that is in short supply, so they could fit the rest of the kit ie speakers wiring etc and then just slot the amp in when it's available....
I very much doubt the factory would do this, plus you'd have a car with no sound until they can possibly fit the amp. The HK isn't one option in short supply anyway with certain BMW's, just the wireless pad and extended Bluetooth.

Soldato
I very much doubt the factory would do this, plus you'd have a car with no sound until they can possibly fit the amp. The HK isn't one option in short supply anyway with certain BMW's, just the wireless pad and extended Bluetooth.

my understanding is that the factory is doing exactly that, in that they're releasing it from the factory at least and possibly moving them on to the supplying dealers, but they're not allowed to actually give it to the customer - they can then just send via next day parcel whatever part is missing when it's available and the dealer can fit it, rather than holding up the production line

Soldato
440i looks lovely generally, just can't get on with how dated it looks inside, though (especially compared to the more recent refresh). Feels like a big 1 services vs a small 5 series.

Soldato
my understanding is that the factory is doing exactly that, in that they're releasing it from the factory at least and possibly moving them on to the supplying dealers, but they're not allowed to actually give it to the customer - they can then just send via next day parcel whatever part is missing when it's available and the dealer can fit it, rather than holding up the production line

I dont think they are even making it to the dealers.. I've bought a BMW thats in BMW stock at the VDC and they wont release it to the dealer until whatever is missing has been sorted.

Soldato
440i looks lovely generally, just can't get on with how dated it looks inside, though (especially compared to the more recent refresh). Feels like a big 1 services vs a small 5 series.

a new shape 440 would've been +30-35k instead of +£1200, so yeah, not that surprising it's less modern :D The digital cockpit makes a big difference vs my old 430i with its extremely dated analogue clocks, plus NBT evo help from the driver's seat, it's a perfectly pleasant place to be with no rattles, so it'll do :)

Caporegime
As will setting the climate too high or low, I've known many to do this and have no start/stop. I also always use a trickle charger, conditioner, for both our cars if they're not used for a few days as the start stop batteries like exercising...
Heated seats on or rear demister or air con being on can also prevent stop start coming on as well.

Soldato
That would be an option BMW could do, but highly disappointing for a purchaser. Thing is, as stated, the HK is not in short supply for every model across the board..

Caporegime
Surely people leave air-con on 100% of the time, assuming you have climate control?
This is true. My car will use the stop start but then start back up again after 2-3 minutes if the aircon is on.

A question for others, with the myBMW app I can set a start time for the aircon, how effective is this for clearing frosted windows? if I leave the house at, say 8:15am can I set the car to heat the cabin at 7:45? How does it do this? I mean i know it heats but does it use the battery? Start the engine? is 30 minutes way too long? Is it a pile of garbage and never works properly?

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
This is true. My car will use the stop start but then start back up again after 2-3 minutes if the aircon is on.

A question for others, with the myBMW app I can set a start time for the aircon, how effective is this for clearing frosted windows? if I leave the house at, say 8:15am can I set the car to heat the cabin at 7:45? How does it do this? I mean i know it heats but does it use the battery? Start the engine? is 30 minutes way too long? Is it a pile of garbage and never works properly?

It isn't the A/C and it doesn't heat. Just runs the fans, so nothing other than ambient air temp can be achieved. It is useful if you're parked in the sun to take the edge off the heat in the cabin, but that's about it.

My Dad's PHEV Outlander can heat/cool properly and when plugged into the house means you still get full battery range as well which is nice. A bit gimmicky most of the year but nice in the depths of winter.

Caporegime
So practically useless then, especially in the depths of winter. Great. I've noticed it takes a lot longer to warm up than my Focus did too. Bigger engine I guess

Soldato
You aren't really allowed by law in the UK to have an engine running whilst the car is unattended on public roads, obviously on private is a different matter but the car app cannot distinguish between the two.
Plus warming up the car, or cooling it, produces pollution.
Ignore above if electric of course...

Soldato
You aren't really allowed by law in the UK to have an engine running whilst the car is unattended on public roads, obviously on private is a different matter but the car app cannot distinguish between the two.

onus is on the driver then to meet the law, just like speed limits…

we’ve had the feature to preheat/cool for years :p

Soldato
Well the onus isn't as with other manufacturers. My A4 B9 didn't have it and I never yearned for it. Maybe some BMW's have had this 'feature' for years but Audi owners also complained not one of their ICE cars have it. They only way was to pre-warm the car was with a supplementary heater. Only cars supplied to cold countries had one as standard and that did not include Scotland..

Soldato
JLR stuck two fingers up to that rule :cool:

Man of Honour
Next step, MPPSK to take it to >360bhp and give it a bit more of an interesting exhaust note :)
highly recommend this. got mine fitted a few weeks ago. have never driven it without sport mode on since :cry::cry::cry:
(and i leave home at 0630. my neighbours must hate me.)

Soldato
highly recommend this. got mine fitted a few weeks ago. have never driven it without sport mode on since :cry::cry::cry:
(and i leave home at 0630. my neighbours must hate me.)

Excellent!

Hoping to find someone local with one so I can hear it first, seem to be a few around north Beds on the f30 forum :)

Back
Top Bottom