BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
So after Mercedes has messed me around on my GLE by telling me after 4 and half months after I placed my order that they still havent allocated me a build slot for my GLE 350de and currently have no idea when they will be able to, I have found a BMW alternative, all made and ready to be with me in a months time

BMW X5 xdrive45e M Sport in Artic Grey

comes with
M Sport Pro pack
22" styre 742 m in bicolour wheels (thank god they arent black)
Black perforated Vermasca leather
Comfort Pack

Would have quite like the Drivers Assist pack but cant be too fussy atm

Questions:

Does this car come with ACC or would you have needed the drivers assistance pack for that?
Adaptive headlights - Are they just auto dim as standard and you need to spec the laser upgrade for led tracking ones?

This comes with just the standard stereo does it? To be honest I think if I was speccing it I would have gone with the tech plus pack over the comfort pack.

Just how bad are BMW standard stereos?

Apart from that is there anything else missing as an essential option I am going to miss?

https://configure.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/configid/ewopzgyn

Thanks
I have the standard stereo in my 428i GC. Given all I've listened to is DAB and Spotify I've found it perfectly fine. YMMV of course!

Associate
Questions:

Does this car come with ACC or would you have needed the drivers assistance pack for that?
Adaptive headlights - Are they just auto dim as standard and you need to spec the laser upgrade for led tracking ones?

This comes with just the standard stereo does it? To be honest I think if I was speccing it I would have gone with the tech plus pack over the comfort pack.

Just how bad are BMW standard stereos?

Apart from that is there anything else missing as an essential option I am going to miss?

https://configure.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/configid/ewopzgyn

Thanks

Looking at the configurator unless you spec Tech Pack Plus you don't get the ACC. If you check the steering wheel image on the internal render, the buttons on the steering wheel change to add the ACC buttons when you add this pack. Without it you have the standard cruise buttons.

You also don't get HUD without either of the tech packs which would for me be an essential option now I have it.

Not sure on the laser lights, on other models without them HBA just toggles the high beams off rather than shaping the beam to avoid dazzling but I'm not familiar enough with the X5 to know if that's also the case here.

Soldato
Looking at the configurator unless you spec Tech Pack Plus you don't get the ACC. If you check the steering wheel image on the internal render, the buttons on the steering wheel change to add the ACC buttons when you add this pack. Without it you have the standard cruise buttons.

You also don't get HUD without either of the tech packs which would for me be an essential option now I have it.

Not sure on the laser lights, on other models without them HBA just toggles the high beams off rather than shaping the beam to avoid dazzling but I'm not familiar enough with the X5 to know if that's also the case here.

on the f30/32/33/36 LCI, there is "normal" led or "adaptive" LED, the latter does the beam splitting and the former only on or off with HBA.

Soldato
I find it such a waste when they do this. Surely there's a way of breaking these cars down and selling the parts genuinely?

I imagine there are legislative issues that mean it’s far easier to destroy something than it is to sell it at auction.

Not only that, another possible issue could be, something unique like a car, do you really want a drug dealer or debt collector finding out you got their car or a bit of their car cheap from the police? Would you be brave enough to bid on it knowing that chances are, the disrespect of bidding up on some OCG member who is trying to buy back his seized car cheaply? Wouldn’t be worth the potential escalation from the offender, nor would it be worth the hassle of having to police the offender threatening anyone who bids on it so they can buy it back.

Soldato
Oof.

I'm very familiar with the type of chaps that do this sort of thing. I was stung once buying a Fiesta ST front runner gear that turned out to be from a regular Fiesta :rolleyes: Which is obviously small fry but had friends buying entire front ends of A4's to convert them to face lift - all clearly from stolen cars, behind closed doors etc.

It is sad but given how distinctive that car is, definitely a crush job.

Once went to pick-up some bits from a chap in Liverpool and he asked what else I wanted as they had driven past one parked up and they'd go and pinch the bits there and then :cry:

Caporegime
Adaptive SHOULD include light splitting etc, i'd be surprised if it didn't else what's "adaptive" about it!

Reading the brochure seems to suggest it just auto dips the beams. Disappointing since your have LED headlights and they just dip like normal cars unless you fork out the £1250 for the laser lights.

doesn’t really make it that clear to be honest. The standard equipment list for the car says it has ACC but then ACC is listed as part of what you get in the driving pack. Or is that some kind of improved ACC in that pack?

Soldato
I saw on social media (so it must be true) that they weren’t stolen parts and the police have since been sued or paid out to the owner. Could be complete nonsense though.
I don't doubt there are legal loopholes that can be exploited that could result in some partial payment or something - but the car was clearly made up of stolen bits. The Carscoops article says "Numbers had been ground off and stickers removed but we have expert vehicle examiners who use techniques to overcome these obstacles."

Caporegime
I don't doubt there are legal loopholes that can be exploited that could result in some partial payment or something - but the car was clearly made up of stolen bits. The Carscoops article says "Numbers had been ground off and stickers removed but we have expert vehicle examiners who use techniques to overcome these obstacles."

It's quite easy to overcome. The numbers are stamped which stresses the metals. These stresses remain despite removing the surface and chemical treatment can show them up.

Back
Top Bottom