BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
I'm not sure if you can get the options enabled in all honesty. However things like Apple CarPlay, full screen CarPlay etc have been possible.

ACC and stop start are listed as available to do via software update and pay the £750 or whatever BMW charge. Lots of other options available as well, depending what equipment your car came with in the first place. Eg the recorder is available as an option but only if your car came with the 4 cameras in the first place.

Soldato
Why would someone spend all that time and money making a fake M3 estate......from dodgy parts....must have cost a bucket load just to build!! :cry:
Did you miss the bits where all of the M3 bits were stolen?

So in the grand scheme of things it was quite cheap to do, and it was also undeclared/insured as a 320D estate :p

Carwow did a segment on a 'less YOBO M3 touring' a while back:

Permabanned
Did you miss the bits where all of the M3 bits were stolen?

So in the grand scheme of things it was quite cheap to do, and it was also undeclared/insured as a 320D estate :p

Carwow did a segment on a 'less YOBO M3 touring' a while back:

No, thats why I said "dodgy parts" :p

Even so it would have cost a lot to make wouldn't it? Probably have been cheaper to buy a legit M3.....

Soldato
ACC and stop start are listed as available to do via software update and pay the £750 or whatever BMW charge. Lots of other options available as well, depending what equipment your car came with in the first place. Eg the recorder is available as an option but only if your car came with the 4 cameras in the first place.
Curious to know if the hardware already installed for your car for ACC. For the lower models the radar definitely isn't already present if you don't spec it but the X5 might be different.

Man of Honour
This is what I was alluding to regarding the crushed M3 estate.

f2acb59d-12a9-4987-ae1f-758ad816f53b.jpg

Like I said, it's social media so take it with a pinch of salt.

Soldato
Curious to know if the hardware already installed for your car for ACC. For the lower models the radar definitely isn't already present if you don't spec it but the X5 might be different.
If the radar is in the same place as my GC then compare pictures of lower grill, just under the front number plate, of ones with and without...

Caporegime

It is, I have checked with the BMW online enabler as to what I could get switched on post delivery.

Man of Honour
Still feels wrong to have to pay £750 to unlock ACC when all the gear where the cost actually lies, is already in your car.

The alternative though is that your used X5 comes with stuff missing as many UK buyers care more about wheels and styling than useful specifications. At least this way you can have anything missing added at a later date easily.

My car hasn't got ACC and there is absolutely nothing I can do about that.. I'd love the option to just buy it.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
The alternative though is that your used X5 comes with stuff missing as many UK buyers care more about wheels and styling than useful specifications. At least this way you can have anything missing added at a later date easily.

My car hasn't got ACC and there is absolutely nothing I can do about that.. I'd love the option to just buy it.
I wish there was an option to disable the ACC and just use regular CC. ACC is brilliant in traffic jams/stop-start traffic, but on the motorway I'd love it to keep a constant speed without slowing down every time it spots a car 5 miles ahead or slam on the brakes when someone inevitably fills the gap you're leaving to the car in front.

Caporegime

True, it does seem to be the way forward. Make one car with everything on and then just charge the consumer for which things they want switching on. Much better for used buyers as well.

Associate
Got an e90 in the household, engine light and emissions light came up, got bmw sytner warranty who approved the repair.
Sensors (o2 and no2?) are stuck in exhaust and Sytner can't get them out. Sytner saying exhaust needs replacing at £1400 cost and insurer won't cover exhaust replacement.

Sheesh what to do? :(

Back
Top Bottom