BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
You gotta be a top revenue earner/have copious amounts of corner sofas and Gucci belts to be spanking 5 grand on rear dual zone aircon + rear cooled seats + some vibrating front seats and soft close doors. And then a further 3 grand of crap rear infotainment - do your kids not have iPads?

Not sure if you spotted either but it says 45e doesn't get the M-Sport exhaust (assuming you have something better?)

That said £72k for a new 45e seems to be cheaper than what is available second hand at the moment.

i haven’t, I only went for the comfort pack not the comfort plus and didn’t go for the entertainment pack either. Wanted comfort for the adjustable seats and keyless entry and heated steering wheel. All standard on the merc, bmw make you pay extra sadly

Caporegime
Tanzanite blue doesn’t do anything for me. I’d get that dark red or spend less on a non-Individual colour personally. Black leather is boring too :p

isn’t the dark red the same price or do you mean the normal bright red? Plus black is practical. I would murder ivory and coffee just looks like poo

Soldato
i haven’t, I only went for the comfort pack not the comfort plus and didn’t go for the entertainment pack either. Wanted comfort for the adjustable seats and keyless entry and heated steering wheel. All standard on the merc, bmw make you pay extra sadly
Ah the link was funked up then. It said you had opted for the 'insane overly privileged kids' packages. Good to know we are on the same page and they suffer with just heated seats and their own entertainment.

Caporegime
now you guys have me second guessing on colour. Thinking CB or PB now and then spending the savings to get the extended Merino leather.................................

Soldato
now you guys have me second guessing on colour. Thinking CB or PB now and then spending the savings to get the extended Merino leather.................................
I really like carbon black. It's actually a very deep blue which looks great in the sun.

Caporegime
But it'll be leased so surely the actual purchase price isn't relevant to anything other than your P11d value.

True and I will have to see if removing TB and adding extended leather, even though they match on list price, keeps the lease cost the same. Hopefully it will but I am aware some options affect monthly lease price differently and sometimes extremely. Years ago I was pricing up a 3 series estate and adding the professional nav actually dropped the monthly lease price by a £1 despite it not being a cheap option because nobody wanted a 3 series Msport car without pro nav at 3 years old. Similar with metallic paint, it was only something like a quid per month compared with the £600 option cost whereas some other options it was the full 100% cost divided by the monthly period.

I did look at going xline and then would look to add more options but the £3500 list price saving for the xline over the msport equated to only £10 per month (so £380) from the lease cost.

Things like towbars are horrible on lease. The full £995 cost basically adds £26 per month to the lease price. In the old days before these electronic swing out ones it was always better to just pay the dealer to fit extras like that (or get them to throw it in for free as part of the deal) . Sadly with modern cars, most towbars are £3k+ retrofitted if you dont select them at factory.

Associate
My girlfriends car is just out of the 3 year warranty with BMW (116D) and we are currently looking at options for the insured warranty. Thought one of the experts here will be able to provide some useful advise!

Mileage currently is 27k and it won't be doing massive miles a year due to COVID / work from home changes:

1) £100 excess is £569 annually or £57 a month

2) £250 excess is £429 annually or £42 a month.

Roadside assistance is an extra £12 a month so will probably just buy that separately.

So in terms of the best option we were thinking of going for #2 and paying annually, but at what point does the warranty cost go up considerably? Is it age or something like 60k miles?

I seem to recall if you were on the direct debit option the cost doesn't actually increase, we could then review in a year or twos time and switch to direct debit to avoid the price spike.

Cheers!

Caporegime
My dealer has come back to me and taken off the TB and added the Merino leather so a list price reduction of £100 and it has reduced the monthly lease by £2.61 (£99.18 total) so no difference between colours and leather as far as residual value goes.

think ill punch the button on CB and Merino leather in the morning. BMW have a price increase on all models coming on 1st october and tomorrow at 9am they are announcing which features will be missing from build week 48 onwards on cars so need to get my order in before all that hits.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Have you had the letter through with the renewal code and corresponding discount? Aside from that, the annual price is the way to go until you think you'll tick past 60k miles. Once you think you'll cross the 60k mark just switch to the monthly policy and you're good. Excess choice is a straight gamble - one claim per year and they're the same price, two a year and you should have taken the £100 excess option. I've always opted for the larger excess but then I've generally had cars more likely to break more often.

This sort of money on a 116d warranty is starting to look like really poor value for money compared to what VW are doing with their all-in warranty stuff. Still, good for peace of mind and so on

Caporegime
My girlfriends car is just out of the 3 year warranty with BMW (116D) and we are currently looking at options for the insured warranty. Thought one of the experts here will be able to provide some useful advise!

Mileage currently is 27k and it won't be doing massive miles a year due to COVID / work from home changes:

1) £100 excess is £569 annually or £57 a month

2) £250 excess is £429 annually or £42 a month.

Roadside assistance is an extra £12 a month so will probably just buy that separately.

So in terms of the best option we were thinking of going for #2 and paying annually, but at what point does the warranty cost go up considerably? Is it age or something like 60k miles?

I seem to recall if you were on the direct debit option the cost doesn't actually increase, we could then review in a year or twos time and switch to direct debit to avoid the price spike.

Cheers!
My 2015 428i is only £3pm more than that!

Associate
Tanzanite blue doesn’t do anything for me. I’d get that dark red or spend less on a non-Individual colour personally. Black leather is boring too :p
Tanzanite blue looks great when it is clean and shiny....but....it is a bugger to keep clean as shows every bit of dust.....and scratches like hell if you are not careful.
I wouldnt get it again tbh.

Back
Top Bottom