BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I've an X5 45e
Bin off the sunroof if youve ticked it. I've heard of loads of issues with them and it'll save a chunk of change too. I'd rather have heated/cooled cup holders and massaging seats....

Caporegime
I've an X5 45e
Bin off the sunroof if youve ticked it. I've heard of loads of issues with them and it'll save a chunk of change too. I'd rather have heated/cooled cup holders and massaging seats....

sunroof went, dont need one with 15000 leds lights for £2400. Everywhere in the EU get the choice of the standard panorama roof for 1600 euros.

Kept tech pack plus for the ACC and semi autonomous stuff with bonus built in dashcam recording and went comfort pack for the better seats and heated steering wheel, no massaging seats though, need another £3k for comfort plus for that or something like that.

Tanzanite blue looks great when it is clean and shiny....but....it is a bugger to keep clean as shows every bit of dust.....and scratches like hell if you are not careful.
I wouldnt get it again tbh.

Yeah reading around last night I got that impression and lots of people saying the paint is really soft and prone to scratches. I have a "midnight blue" colour on my car atm (so BMW carbon black eq) and that looks stunning when clean but equally looks dirty very very quickly so not too bothered about that aspect, the soft paint concerns me though, lots of country lanes where i live and hedges and stuff brushing past my car somethings. The odd scratch I always manage to buff out on my current car, could get messing very quickly with TB.

Plus if I dump TB I can get Merino leather. Anybody got that? Worth it over the standard leather?

Soldato
Just done 5k miles round europe. Eating and dropping chock flakes between my legs. Nothing a quick wipe didn't sort. I've white and blue seats.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Just done 5k miles round europe. Eating and dropping chock flakes between my legs. Nothing a quick wipe didn't sort. I've white and blue seats.
Have you got fjord blue and silverstone interior? :eek:
Show us some pics!

Or is it just white leather stained by jeans :p

Soldato
Ah it's more dark trousers I was thinking of which can stain the leather. Not an insurmountable problem but with black you don't even need to think about it is my view

Soldato
First reviews of the BMW iX are out then. Seems even BMW are now getting rid of the physical buttons for things like heater controls. This makes me sad.
This is literally the dumbest thing car makers have ever, ever, came up with. It is usually that gross shiny gloss black that scratches and 'mars'(?) so easily.

Death to any car designer who sticks any touch buttons in that isn't a literal touch pad or input pad for doodling letters.

So glad my E43 has both and I can disable the touch pad entirely.

Caporegime
Ah it's more dark trousers I was thinking of which can stain the leather. Not an insurmountable problem but with black you don't even need to think about it is my view

Yeah Merino doesnt have any protection on just natural oils so very prone to staining and liquids. Hence I am staying well away from white no matter how stunning the blue and white combo looks.
First reviews of the BMW iX are out then. Seems even BMW are now getting rid of the physical buttons for things like heater controls. This makes me sad.

I saw a video review last night. I thought the outside looked bad and then I saw the interior shots! :eek: looked like my mum had made it from my old jeans!

Soldato
iX looks horrible outside but the interior seems decent

I'm interested in the i4 reviews personally as that could potentially be my next car on the work EV scheme in a few years

Caporegime
iX looks horrible outside but the interior seems decent

I'm interested in the i4 reviews personally as that could potentially be my next car on the work EV scheme in a few years

I hope its not the denim interior you are referring to? Thats hideous

I will miss leather and wood. I see a lot of manufacturers will no long have any animal materials after a certain date. Another reason why certain ICE cars will only go up in value from now onwards

Soldato
I hope its not the denim interior you are referring to? Thats hideous

I will miss leather and wood. I see a lot of manufacturers will no long have any animal materials after a certain date. Another reason why certain ICE cars will only go up in value from now onwards
Definitely not denim!

This one:

Back
Top Bottom