BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
Good God nooooo. :D

A4 is fine when you get one as a hire car, but not to live with unless it has an RS badge. XF just no..... Ovlov I am open to, did find myself looking at imported 850R's last night which seem to all be around 10K....but not manual. I would consider one for sure though after I spotted one at Caffeine and Machine and though it looked the nuts.

s9C1dkp.jpg

It sounded fantastic.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Another example of how daft things are, well over £1,500 more than it was advertised for in May with 5k less on the clock.
I don't mind 1500 quid rise, I can deal with that, but not 10K overs.

I am using my Merc for everything at the moment and its silly.

Man of Honour
A few miles but not very old and has the Icon lights, aluminium trim wouldn't be my preference but it's personal choice: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202108166304544

This does appear to be the least terrible option but wow, 80k miles and still 25k. Ignoring the mileage the spec is really quite nice which is often rare on a G31.

If you can possibly avoid buying a car at the moment then really, really do so.

My plan when I bought my F10 530d at 1 year old in 2016 was to run it for 5 years and and then replace it with a 1 year old 530d again, or perhaps something similar if things had changed. At one point I thought an M340i would be nice. I've well and truly shelved that plan.

Man of Honour
I need a car really, so have to get something soon. Little point leasing something as the deals are awful so might as well buy outright and keep hence why I want something decent. Having the latest version of tech is not something I ever really bother about which is why an F10 era car is just fine for the purposes I need.

Soldato
Soldato
Good God nooooo. :D

A4 is fine when you get one as a hire car, but not to live with unless it has an RS badge. XF just no..... Ovlov I am open to, did find myself looking at imported 850R's last night which seem to all be around 10K....but not manual. I would consider one for sure though after I spotted one at Caffeine and Machine and though it looked the nuts.

s9C1dkp.jpg

It sounded fantastic.
GOLF R ESTATE :D

Man of Honour
I need a car really, so have to get something soon. Little point leasing something as the deals are awful so might as well buy outright and keep hence why I want something decent. Having the latest version of tech is not something I ever really bother about which is why an F10 era car is just fine for the purposes I need.

Looking at what's available, you're probably looking at the best part of £20k for a 530/535d F10 Touring with OK spec, I think I'd sooner have that newer G31, on balance...

The F Series cars are still fine, I don't really have any tech missing on my F01 compared to newer models, that I really care about anyway. NBT iDrive is still great with maps updated and RTTI etc.

Man of Honour
Looking at what's available, you're probably looking at the best part of £20k for a 530/535d F10 Touring with OK spec, I think I'd sooner have that newer G31, on balance...

I would too but other than that higher mileage one you're looking at 30k for a nice one of those. I think I'd rather limit how much cash you invest in massively overpriced cars.

Soldato
If you don't want to add a huge amount to the budget I'd drop the requirement for a 6 cylinder and get a 4 cylinder (likely a petrol for me at least) G series car until recently I would have always taken the 6 cylinder over a 4 but the price F series car's are going for is crazy it was only a 3-4 years ago you could pick up a 6 cylinder F car under a year old for around 25-26k and they feel dated once you get back in one from a well spec'd G series car.

I think diesel models are going to get hit hard when the prices do finally collapse on them as I am sure the government will do something to make them less popular to get people into electric cars something along the lines of upping the duty on diesel compared to petrol etc.

Associate
I have a 2010 525d F11 on 130k miles so probably worth 4-5k that is starting to feel its age. A 5 series with 6cylinders is pretty much the only car I want just can't quite stomach the cost to change to an LCI where I'll essentially be getting an updated versions of the car and engine. Or an extra £20k to get into a G30

Back
Top Bottom