BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
He said he wants speed, but also old man refinement. Not much more old man refinement than a 7 Series with beige leather and silver switchgear :p

It'll probably feel even slower than the 530d despite not being so. It strikes me that it isn't outright performance he wants more an exciting feel.

Which as much as I like this sort of car, I don't think it's going to offer him.

I still think an M240 is the answer here. Basically the same inside as a 3 or 4 Series, a fantastic engine and if that doesn't feel quick and fun enough for him I give up :D

Soldato
This sounds like one of those people searching for the perfect impossible spec house, with acres of land, within walking distance of a station, park & the city but only has a budget for a flat.

Something has to give !

Man of Honour
I just specced up a 340i Touring and got it to £63K, which has shocked me to be honest.

I have not been a 3 series buyer for 15 years but £22K more than I paid for a brand new M3 back then 'feels' expensive but I suppose that is inflation (I've not done the maths).

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I just specced up a 340i Touring and got it to £63K, which has shocked me to be honest.

I have not been a 3 series buyer for 15 years but £22K more than I paid for a brand new M3 back then 'feels' expensive but I suppose that is inflation (I've not done the maths).
£61k today is the equivalent of £40k in 2005...

M340i is a hell of a car though.

Man of Honour
You won't need to pay £63k for it, though. I'd still be expecting a double figure percentage discount.
I am not buying one I don't think, too much money for me for a 2nd car but thought I would have a nose.

Nearly new is my usual preference, let someone else take the hit. Well.....in a normal market but the world is CRAZY as we know these days

Man of Honour
I have been a 5 series guy for a while now (ie, I am going to buy a BMW for a daily it MUST be a 5 series) but this current 3 series is proper.

Man of Honour
I have been a 5 series guy for a while now (ie, I am going to buy a BMW for a daily it MUST be a 5 series) but this current 3 series is proper.

I really agree. I've driven a few now and I've been really impressed despite them all being 320d. It's a fantastic car made all the more better by the fact the last one was pretty rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom