BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
Yeah which is what is putting me off. With labour I reckon I wouldnt get change from £2k. It might be amazing that your can rub it with a wire brush and it recovers but doubt Ill spend £2k for it.

It cost me about this to get the front, mirrors and the gloss black plastic trims around the doors protected with Xpel PPF plus ceramic coating. On my previous car the bumper/bonnet were peppered with stonechips and it being carbon black they showed up quite obviously, to me at least. The plastics were also very prone to swirling and discolourment.

From a purely rational point of view, it would probably be cheaper to not get it done and get the parts restored but I fancied keeping this one looking new for as long as possible as I intend to keep it long term (although as has already been stated, circumstances can change at short notice!)

Soldato
Man of Honour
Caporegime
It lasts one year. Whether it's worth it or not is up to you. Do you use the in-built navigation? If so, yes due to RTTI plus map updates.

The map upgrade process itself takes a good 40 minutes from memory and you'll need to use a 64 GB USB stick.
I usually have it running but don’t really ‘use’ it. Just wondering if the map updates are worth it really.

Caporegime
I usually have it running but don’t really ‘use’ it. Just wondering if the map updates are worth it really.

All depends how many new roads have been built/in build. Living where I do with all the A1 upgrades/A66 upgrades/roundabouts/ring roads in the last few years it was easy to find myself travelling along fields on the satnav or driving across roundabouts which dont appear.

Commissario
5 year/60,000 mile service pack available for my M340i for £627 - I have no idea if that's good value or not? I realise it will get me 2 services but as my first service isn't due until next year, I'm not sure what it's likely to cost!

Soldato
5 year/60,000 mile service pack available for my M340i for £627 - I have no idea if that's good value or not? I realise it will get me 2 services but as my first service isn't due until next year, I'm not sure what it's likely to cost!
A single service with filters and spark plugs for my F31 335i is £485 so it seems decent?

Caporegime
A single service with filters and spark plugs for my F31 335i is £485 so it seems decent?
I guess it depends on how many and what sort of miles you do? With condition based servicing you could end up with two or three services. The value could be good if it can be transferred to any new owner too.

Man of Honour
They clearly don't think it's worth it for my M3 as it's not available. Thankfully the dealer did the horrendously expensive service just before I bought it.

Soldato
Just rang the ConnectedDrive line - unfortunately you can't stack the package on top of any existing standalone services :(

I have RTTI until 8/2022 and replacing it with the M package (which is cheaper than RTTI on its own) will automatically cancel what I have now and start the date again with no refund - damn :( May as well wait till BF next year and get my account into the cycle of BF annual renewals.

Commissario
I guess it depends on how many and what sort of miles you do? With condition based servicing you could end up with two or three services. The value could be good if it can be transferred to any new owner too.
Around 6000 miles per year, it’s estimating first service as December 2022 so I reckon I could squeeze 2 in.

Man of Honour
They clearly don't think it's worth it for my M3 as it's not available. Thankfully the dealer did the horrendously expensive service just before I bought it.

That'll be why its not available then, it's only available if purchased before the first service is due. It's for new cars. It looks like the return to the old style service packages they used to have.

Man of Honour
You'll need to spreadsheet it - the prices for the services you'll need are available on the BMW Service website, so it should be fairly easy to price up your servicing requirements over the next few years and compare that with the cost of the package.

When I did this for my car (before they got rid of them the last time in 2017) I worked out that it was just about worth it for me on the basis of two services. In the end, I actually managed 3 (The terms didn't limit service numbers then, but they do now) and it ended up being quite a big saving, but at 2 services it was going to be more marginal. My pack cost about £700 I think and this was 5 years ago now (wow).

Actually I've had a look for you and even the second service on its own for the M340i is basically the price of the pack. I think it probably is worth it for you.

Commissario
You'll need to spreadsheet it - the prices for the services you'll need are available on the BMW Service website, so it should be fairly easy to price up your servicing requirements over the next few years and compare that with the cost of the package.

When I did this for my car (before they got rid of them the last time in 2017) I worked out that it was just about worth it for me on the basis of two services. In the end, I actually managed 3 (The terms didn't limit service numbers then, but they do now) and it ended up being quite a big saving, but at 2 services it was going to be more marginal. My pack cost about £700 I think and this was 5 years ago now (wow).

Actually I've had a look for you and even the second service on its own for the M340i is basically the price of the pack. I think it probably is worth it for you.
Thanks, I think I'll go for it.

Associate

Out of interest where quoted this? I had a look on the BMW site and it came back with £900 for 2 services (oil/filter + major), 1 MOT (showed as Oct 2022 which is not correct as it would be due Feb 2024) + usual health checks and 2 MAP updates (End 2022 + 2024).

Cheers :)

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom