BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Does anyone know how long the quote is valid for? Just tried again to see what the price is without roadside assistance and it says I need to phone up in order to view the quote, cba for that.

Caporegime
Is it just me or do all the warranty prices I've seen posted here seem quite a lot? How often has anyone actually saved money with one?
They can be quite sneaky, any receipt usually has all the items zeroed so you can't see how much it was and then decide if the warranty was worth it or not. Some will have saved thousands I'm sure.

Man of Honour
Is it just me or do all the warranty prices I've seen posted here seem quite a lot? How often has anyone actually saved money with one?
It’s expensive for me but then M cars can throw massive bills. I’ve no interest in modifying mine so I’ll just put it down to M car ownership costs and have peace of mind.

Man of Honour
Yep, it's a pity BMW just price everything without much thought :(

When the renewal is through it's meant to be a bit cheaper, but I bet it'll still be a lot.
The Tiguan is just over £800 for two years for the warranty. Which includes breakdown, servicing and an MOT. Mad isn’t it.

I’d be renewing an AUC warranty, so wouldn’t I be eligible for renewal prices? Or doesn’t it work like that when it switches from AUC to insured?

Man of Honour
The Tiguan is just over £800 for two years for the warranty. Which includes breakdown, servicing and an MOT. Mad isn’t it.

I’d be renewing an AUC warranty, so wouldn’t I be eligible for renewal prices? Or doesn’t it work like that when it switches from AUC to insured?

Mine is an AUC renewal too. I think there is a discount applied if you renew/continue the AUC warranty but I'm not sure exactly what it is. It's due in a couple of months so I'll soon find out!

Soldato

It's insurance. The insurance company makes the profit overall. Not you.

Reading this thread it'd make you think everyone is claiming and that's ignoring the rare engine blow-ups that must happen but you hear less about. If you are selling insurance and everyone is gonna claim, how much will you charge?

Soldato
It's insurance. The insurance company makes the profit overall. Not you.

Reading this thread it'd make you think everyone is claiming and that's ignoring the rare engine blow-ups that must happen but you hear less about. If you are selling insurance and everyone is gonna claim, how much will you charge?
Insurance is a legal requirement, not quite the same thing. I'm just wondering how many 4-6 year old cars develop faults which make the extended warranty viable.

Man of Honour
Mine is an AUC renewal too. I think there is a discount applied if you renew/continue the AUC warranty but I'm not sure exactly what it is. It's due in a couple of months so I'll soon find out!
Let me know when you do.

mine was an AUC renewal, the operator over the phone said that the discount applied
mine would've been ~£600 w/o the discount, apparently

Back
Top Bottom