BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
Does BMW do like Audi and have option "packs"? Surprised it's not there somewhere.

Yes but the fact was expensive and most buyers just want the important things like Super Pro packs with black wheels, rather than useful equipment so such cars are rare.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Yes but the fact was expensive and most buyers just want the important things like Super Pro packs with black wheels, rather than useful equipment so such cars are rare.
:D

How silly of me. We've had this conversation before though, sorry! Just seems crazy they spec super ultra black pack instead of useful things.

Soldato
I just don't find adaptive cruise that useful because our roads are so packed and it can't account for all the dumb stuff that drivers do these days. Speed limiter + actually driving the car is just as relaxing IMO although to be fair all my experience with adaptive cruise is with VAG products not BMW

Soldato
Soldato
What’s the best way to reset the satnav? I’ve done the restart by holding the volume button for 30 seconds but it thinks I’m in Glasgow no matter what destination I try, I’ll have to do a hard reset I’m guessing?

Man of Honour
@DB_SamX

I've done about 4500 miles in the year I've owned my 440i GC...

2.5 mile trip to work = 17-23 mpg depending on mode (comfort/sport) and traffic
urban mileage = ~22-26mpg on average
motorway mileage = 35-43mpg depending on speed and traffic

Man of Honour

I know it's what they cost at the moment but please take a pause to consider whether you really want to spend £26,000 on a 5 year old example of a car introduced over a decade ago. They are great cars but they are just such bad value at the current prices and IMHO they are most at risk from a serious value correction when things begin to improve.

Soldato
I know it's what they cost at the moment but please take a pause to consider whether you really want to spend £26,000 on a 5 year old example of a car introduced over a decade ago. They are great cars but they are just such bad value at the current prices and IMHO they are most at risk from a serious value correction when things begin to improve.

Thank you. Point noted. What's the uplift heen in the last 2 years? 10%?

And does that poor value apply to M2XX/F22 models too atm?

Soldato
Thank you. Point noted. What's the uplift heen in the last 2 years? 10%?

Must be at least that. 2 years ago I was looking at the market to get an idea of what to save, and F3X 40is were circa 21~23k from memory for a decent example.

Those same cars, with more miles, and being older by 2 years, are going for the price you’re now looking at.

Man of Honour
What's the uplift heen in the last 2 years? 10%?

i bought my 03/2018 440i GC for £24k via AUC a year ago (53 weeks to be exact)
via dealer, you'd expect to pay £30-32k for the same 18 reg 440i GC today

so i'd probably say more like 40% increase for the 440i GC taking into account that the car is actually an extra year older, and should technically have an extra year's worth of "depreciation"

Man of Honour
The 4 Series Gran Coupe is the hatchback version of the 3 Series saloon. Which means that fundamentally, other than a few tweaks here and there and a newer version of iDrive, a 2017 440i GC isn't all that different to a 2011 335i. A car that, whilst good, appeared 11 years ago. Almost £30k seems like really poor value - normally you'd be expecting a 4-5 year old version of a car thats been around over a decade to be perhaps £10k or more less than they currently are unless it was a special model, like the M Power cars.

Once you're at almost £30k it probably isn't all that much more of a jump into a current 3 Series - a car that is thoroughly more modern and completely different in every respect other than the badge on the boot. At this point you need to ask yourself if those extra 2 cylinders - which is really all you're getting over a G20 3 Series - are worth the considerable downsides to buying a car like this at this sort of prices. Something that even I, a well known cylinder count snob (I bought a diesel to avoid 4 cylinder BMWs!) would probably concede that they are not. Yes, it sucks, but this is not a normal market and therefore normal car buying considerations are on hold for now.

Soldato
I appreciate the detailed feedback on the value.

I was again not enamoured by the 440i GC I drove today; it definitely wasnt as good an example as midweek's. The M240i keeps attracting me instead but may hold out for a bit then and see how the market behaves.

Man of Honour
I appreciate the detailed feedback on the value.

I was again not enamoured by the 440i GC I drove today; it definitely wasnt as good an example as midweek's. The M240i keeps attracting me instead but may hold out for a bit then and see how the market behaves.

Any reason you don't fancy an M4?

Back
Top Bottom