BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
I almost know the answer before I ask the question - but are the lead times on say something like a 530d Touring presently quite long? I'm in need of a new car for the end of May (this year!) - I've not even started looking yet, do I need to get my skates on?!

If you aren't fussy on exact spec you should be able to find a dealer order and grab that.

Factory order from now? Highly unlikely.

I am currently awaiting my x5 order for delivery on 14th march which I placed on 30th September so five and half months lead time.

Soldato
Ok, thanks chaps. I think I need to start the ball rolling. I potentially may not be majorly fussy on spec, driving a V90 R Design at the moment which does come with a good spec, some of the V90 bells and whistles are a must, some I could live without/leave behind.

Does the 530d M Sport have a remote start option from a phone app? Or is it just off the key?

Soldato
My V90 does it, it is really useful, but not a deal breaker.
Interesting! Seems a few companies are less black and white with the rules (engine running unoccupied - presumably verging on the grey that it's okay on your own driveway).

I noticed at least 10 cars/vans this morning on the road with engine running preheating. People are far too trust worthy.

Soldato
I think he was referring to engine cars. I’m not sure about the black and white nature of the rules when all cars exceed 70mph so require driver discipline. My neighbour started his Range Rover sport (not remote) and left it running.

Amazon delivery guy took two looks at it when walking back to his battered Astra!

haven’t seen you post for a while merlin!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I think he was referring to engine cars. I’m not sure about the black and white nature of the rules when all cars exceed 70mph so require driver discipline. My neighbour started his Range Rover sport (not remote) and left it running.

Amazon delivery guy took two looks at it when walking back to his battered Astra!

haven’t seen you post for a while merlin!
Yeah, my dad's G20 330i has pre-conditioning and other remote functions, so the 530e definitely will. The BMW app is rather good, as is Audi's.

Soldato
Super useful to get the car warmed up or cooled down before you get to the car.

I could start the car and have the cabin warm up or cool down from 100 miles away (pointless, but it's possible), it's all done off the phone app so you don't need to be near the car at all. Also you can unlock the car from anywhere so if you're out shopping and a family member makes it back to the car sooner than you do - you can let them into the car off the app. Paired with the car having heated windscreen etc and winter morning faff is a thing of the past. I start the car off my phone as I'm eating my breakfast and then 15 mins later you walk out the house to a perfectly demisted car, cabin warm, heated seats on, steering wheel warm etc.

I've gotten old haven't I? :p

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Super useful to get the car warmed up or cooled down before you get to the car.

I could start the car and have the cabin warm up or cool down from 100 miles away (pointless, but it's possible), it's all done off the phone app so you don't need to be near the car at all. Also you can unlock the car from anywhere so if you're out shopping and a family member makes it back to the car sooner than you do - you can let them into the car off the app. Paired with the car having heated windscreen etc and winter morning faff is a thing of the past. I start the car off my phone as I'm eating my breakfast and then 15 mins later you walk out the house to a perfectly demisted car, cabin warm, heated seats on, steering wheel warm etc.

I've gotten old haven't I? :p
Passats have all these modern features now? :eek:

Soldato
Hey guys, looking at getting new rears on the F80.

Currently running MPS4S on a 275 35 19. Should I stick or twist to MPSS on a slightly wider tyre as some on the interwebs have?

We get less than 10 days of rain a year with the majority of the time spent in sweltering heat so tyres that can last are a big plus!

Soldato
if you have electric memory seats then the wiring for folding mirrors is there, but you would need to fit them. If you don't have memory seats then the wiring for folding mirrors isn't there either iirc.
I don’t have memory seats unfortunately, wasn’t high on my list of things as I rarely move my seat as it is.

Back
Top Bottom