BMW and M Power Owners

OG

OG

Associate
Delivery day over here too. Annoyingly there's a rather deep scratch on the rear driver side wing sooo the dealer is coming back tomorrow or Monday to collect it and repair before delivering again.

Had a good play with idrive and drove up to the office (45 mins on the motorway) and very impressed with the car. Unsurprisingly coming from a Ford Fiesta I think it's fantastic in every way :p

Edit - https://github.com/BimmerGestalt/AAIdrive#implemented-features this seems invaluable in a car of this age that doesn't haven Spotify integration. Replicates a number of app integrations on Android... Been playing with it this evening and it's pretty seamless
Ov0WC72.jpeg

c5uaj34.jpeg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Of course it has! ;)
Excellent.

I put my trust into forum expertise as I just didn’t have the time to spend hours researching. I think I’ll need a geo doing on the car as the steering is a smidge off centre on the dead ahead, written to the dealer this morning on that one, but all else looks good.

Is there an easy way to pull the options list for me car online? I’ve again asked the dealer for a print out based on the VIN.

Soldato
Use mdecoder with your VIN
Excellent.

I put my trust into forum expertise as I just didn’t have the time to spend hours researching. I think I’ll need a geo doing on the car as the steering is a smidge off centre on the dead ahead, written to the dealer this morning on that one, but all else looks good.

Is there an easy way to pull the options list for me car online? I’ve again asked the dealer for a print out based on the VIN.

Man of Honour
Use mdecoder with your VIN

Then post the results here because it'll list a load of standard stuff too so it isn't clear what is and isn't optional.

I place a disproportionate amount of weight on the ICON LED headlights on a G30, they perform well and complete the look of the car. The standard lights look quite a bit worse and STILL have the thing I hate the most about my F10 - halogen indicator bulbs. Like those on a Mk3 Fiesta. The G30 front looks almost F10 like without the better lights, IMO.

Man of Honour
The LED lights are very good. I took the car out last night for a brief drive and the lights are superb and as I age my dusk and nighttime vision needs all the help it can get.

Caporegime
The LED lights are very good. I took the car out last night for a brief drive and the lights are superb and as I age my dusk and nighttime vision needs all the help it can get.

Good to hear as was worried I had made a mistake by not paying £1350 for laser lights on mine. I was sure the LED adaptive are more than good enough.

Man of Honour
Good to hear as was worried I had made a mistake by not paying £1350 for laser lights on mine. I was sure the LED adaptive are more than good enough.
You can see them adjusting as you drive, clever tech and didn’t get any flashes from oncoming traffic

Soldato
Mine came up with a left side full beam error message the first time I ever used them on a car only 4 months old. All the lights work ok, as does the adaptive, so a trip to the dealship at half term is on the cards to have the message cleared..

Caporegime
You can see them adjusting as you drive, clever tech and didn’t get any flashes from oncoming traffic

Yeah, sadly coming from VW the BMW lights are going to be much worse, even with the adaptive LED. I have been spoilt with VW IQ Matrix LED headlights for the last 4 years.

VW matrix headlights are twice as bright as BMWs and still more than 20% brighter than the BMW laser lights (when they are on over 37mph, the matrix ones are on all the time on the VW)

Its one area BMW seems to be well behind VW and Merc (they have exceptionally bright LED headlights as well)

Soldato
Quick servicing question.

My car is a MY17 330D F31 with 45K miles. I have it on extended warranty and it is saying it is due an oil service.

Do I have to get BMW dealer to do it? Our local dealers closed about 18 months ago and I have to drive to the Swansea dealership which is an hour away. I lose most of a day when I have to take it there.

Caporegime
Then post the results here because it'll list a load of standard stuff too so it isn't clear what is and isn't optional.

I place a disproportionate amount of weight on the ICON LED headlights on a G30, they perform well and complete the look of the car. The standard lights look quite a bit worse and STILL have the thing I hate the most about my F10 - halogen indicator bulbs. Like those on a Mk3 Fiesta. The G30 front looks almost F10 like without the better lights, IMO.

How accurate is m decoder? I have my my new x5 into it and it doesnt match my order!!!!!

its still saying my car has wireless charging for starters even though I know it wont have as my order has a delete code for it. Different dash trim to what I ordered as well.

Going to make buying used a nightmare in years to come if mdecoder still shows what the car "should" have had spec wise not what it ended it being.

Caporegime
Quick servicing question.

My car is a MY17 330D F31 with 45K miles. I have it on extended warranty and it is saying it is due an oil service.

Do I have to get BMW dealer to do it? Our local dealers closed about 18 months ago and I have to drive to the Swansea dealership which is an hour away. I lose most of a day when I have to take it there.
If you want to ensure any extended warranty claims go seamlessly in future then I'd recommend it. If they find anything during one of their inspections it's in the right place to get it swapped under the warranty.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
It doesn't have Wireless charging which I would like, can that be added?
Apparently the BMW one is crap as it overheats iPhones. Also not currently available to order from new (unless it's changed in the last 12 months), so not sure where you'd source the part..

Back
Top Bottom