BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
The sound on my Merc is so thin on Bluetooth. It has no weight to it, lacks detail and stage and just sounds poor considering it’s on a Burmeister upgraded system.

you don't seem to be iphone - article, new to me, explaining it maybe the Android phones that are messing up the BT quality, and not bmw/merc systems
AAC is one of the most commonly supported Bluetooth codecs in the wireless headphone and speaker markets, but it doesn't play well with every device.

Soldato
I'm not sure that parking sensor button is large enough!
It’s comically large :D
Think that’s BMW answer to avoid having blank buttons for buyers that don’t spec the adaptive driving and pano view - fit one large button in the space.

Associate
I've read it on several sites over the past few months hence why I'm asking if anyone else had any information on this as I dont want to get into the car one day to find none of the online stuff works anymore!

My thought was the same, surely not every network are going to switch off at the same time

From BMW:

We have no confirmed plans to deactivate 3G functionality in the UK. The BMW Group are aligned with the mobile network operators and customers will be contacted if this impacts their vehicle's functionality - please DM us if you have any more questions.

Associate
Coding - are people using Bimmercode and if so, do ONLY the approved OBD adapters work or do the cheapo Chinesium ones work too with it? BMW virgin here

Caporegime
Last edited:
Associate
Oh it is. All networks have agreed with Nadine Dorries that 3g will be phased by 2033 and EE have confirmed theirs will go in 2023 but the other networks havent confirmed yet when but i doubt they will all stay until 2033

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59583783#:~:text=The UK will phase out,2G later in the decade.

As someone in the know on this... I can confirm the target is all 3G gone by 2033 but operators can go earlier if they want. Vodafone just announced they expect to go by 2023 for 3G to go.

Soldato
Anyone know if BMW will update the onboard 3g sim when they switch off the 3g network next month?

I'm in the dealers on Thursday so plan to ask whilst there but wondered if anyone had already done so.

So with all the people posting counter points to the people replying to the person above. Are you saying 3g is gone next month?

Back
Top Bottom