BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
God that's a lot of lights! Looks like xmas!

Probably looks more vibrant due to my camera settings. Looks less disco in reality and doesn’t affect night-time visibility. On that note, although it was slight distracting initially, I now find the HUD absolutely indispensable. I don’t know how we ever had time to take our eyes off the road, to look at the instrument cluster speedo :D

OG

OG

Associate
Hit peak ****** BMW today, courtesy car turned up whilst the 530 touring has gone back for some paint repair so have a 430i for a couple of days

YhvKssT.png

Hopefully the dirty roads will dull the white a bit, already suffering the impracticalities of trying to get a car seat in the back :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
Still looks like a beaver/Peppa pig
Someone at work has one...still makes me taste vomit at the back of my throat every time I walk past it.

Soldato
Any way to check if this has been for sale at a different price at any point? I've checked car gurus and can't find it on there.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202109026891083?atmobcid=soc3

It looks like it's been up from September going by the URL and the sun being out at 8pm on the photos. I'd not want to be paying what he's asking either way but worth a look.

I would love a 530d but they are a step up again price wise and hard to find reasonable miles with pro nav/HK etc. Insurance increases a bit too much for my liking with my mrs being a new driver too.

This is another option but wheels look corroded as per most BMW wheels, mostly around centre caps. Driver bolster seems quite bad for the mileage? Being a 64 plate it should definitely be a B47 over N47? Sounds like a ******* tractor in the video.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202112130481876?atmobcid=soc3

Associate
Man of Honour
They should both be B47 engine cars, the power output is higher and matches the specification of the car on the advert. There are overlap cars in 2014, but that one being a 64 plate is likely B47.

The Style 351M wheel is painted and not particularly prone to corrosion unless the paint is chipped etc. This means they are reasonably easy to refurbish to a good standard.

Soldato
Looks like was originally listed £17,750 (found it on totalcarcheck)

Cheers. Doubt they would accept £15,500 then but Arnold Clark are offering £14,600 trade in for that car. Could use the brake pads needing done soon to reduce the price a little.

They should both be B47 engine cars, the power output is higher and matches the specification of the car on the advert. There are overlap cars in 2014, but that one being a 64 plate is likely B47.

The Style 351M wheel is painted and not particularly prone to corrosion unless the paint is chipped etc. This means they are reasonably easy to refurbish to a good standard.

Cheers, I see the smaller engine cover on the blue car but wasn't sure on the black one being a 64. Was set in buying a '14 520d F11 in Glasgow over Christmas but noticed it was an N47 and I can't handle the thought of the chain needing replaced.

That's good to know wheel wise. I remember my boss had about 4 wheels on his X5 due to corrosion but they were diamond cut.

Soldato
yes looks overpriced compared to the 2010 merc cdi he's also selling at half that price https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202111259951093
they seem to consistantly take bad photographs, with shadows, not, clearly, showing seat wear, either.

Probably looks more vibrant due to my camera settings. Looks less disco in reality and doesn’t affect night-time visibility. On that note, although it was slight distracting initially
- you have it set to that, or a similar colour at night time ? as opposed to black-out.
clearly car manufacturers have done their market analysis, but spending budget on ambi-lighting versus, say, audio system, seems perverse
simple needs - once I can see the nav (if there is something to be communicated), and the current music track, is all i need.

Soldato
yes looks overpriced compared to the 2010 merc cdi he's also selling at half that price https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202111259951093
they seem to consistantly take bad photographs, with shadows, not, clearly, showing seat wear, either.

That is an older different class of car though surely? Think that was up against the E90 3 series.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202201091161894?atmobcid=soc3 similar age to the F10 with more miles at the same price. I really like the newer mercedes with the double big screens but they are out my price range as is a G30.

I like the look of these from the outside but can't get on with the dials/sat nav setup. Also love the ZF 8 speed , haven't drive the merc to see if I'd like it.

Soldato
- you have it set to that, or a similar colour at night time ? as opposed to black-out.
clearly car manufacturers have done their market analysis, but spending budget on ambi-lighting versus, say, audio system, seems perverse
simple needs - once I can see the nav (if there is something to be communicated), and the current music track, is all i need.

That is the colour it’s set to. It was set to white when I got it, I prefer it now. Like I said, it doesn’t look quite like that in reality.

Would I have preferred the money spent on improving the audio setup or something similar? Sure I would, but there you go.

Soldato
Collected the 530D today, so far so good.

This is when the angels shed light on my purchase....I think
Tmbdl3x.jpg

A solid step up form the F10 and I forgot how effortless the 3L Diesel engine is. Damping big step up from my F10, rides massively better than my previous F10 did and also the E220 more recently. Traction is much better too than either, no wheels spinning up today and they would have in both of those others based on doing the same foot down stuff in todays conditions.

Needs to read the books tonight to get to grips with it but for 30K a **** tonne of epic car.

I know that petrol station very well. Are you from up that way?

Back
Top Bottom