BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Soldato
I don't think so, missing the 2 main option packs and quite a few miles.
Fair enough, just been watching M2 LCI (N55) prices and they are sitting at around 34-36 approved used for a car with standard spec + reverse camera or icon headlights, this just seemed super cheap for an M2C

Man of Honour
Fair enough, just been watching M2 LCI (N55) prices and they are sitting at around 34-36 approved used for a car with standard spec + reverse camera or icon headlights, this just seemed super cheap for an M2C

Yeah, I've looked at a few M2's in recent weeks (went for an M4 Comp in the end though). A sub 20k miles decent spec M2 Comp will be £41-43k. I think ideally you'd want the Comfort and Plus packs if possible, they add quite a lot.

Soldato
Could also be in just average condition. It doesn't scream bargain to me at all really. I'd want more spec and a lot less miles if I was spending 40k on a 2 series. The finance also looks quite unappealing for a 4 year old motor with 40k on it.

Man of Honour
Two things to bear in mind as well:

1. If using finance, some banks are doing their own PCP's now and the rates are far better than BMW.

2. At 60k miles, the M2C warranty is very expensive, it's a flat rate for M cars. Something like £4.7k a year. So if you're keeping it a long time, and under BMW warranty, getting a lower mileage one is beneficial for multiple reasons.

Soldato
At nearly 40 grand for an old 2 Series with average miles you'd hope so... but I suspect it isn't!

It's the cheapest used M2 Comp (by £1,500) in the country by the look of it, plenty of similar age over the £40,000 mark :p

Gotta love used car buying in 2021/2022

Soldato
Soldato
Two things to bear in mind as well:

1. If using finance, some banks are doing their own PCP's now and the rates are far better than BMW.

2. At 60k miles, the M2C warranty is very expensive, it's a flat rate for M cars. Something like £4.7k a year. So if you're keeping it a long time, and under BMW warranty, getting a lower mileage one is beneficial for multiple reasons.
Does the 'monthly' trick on the warranty work with the M cars, i.e. start the monthly warranty before 60k miles and the price remains unchanged?

Man of Honour
Does the 'monthly' trick on the warranty work with the M cars, i.e. start the monthly warranty before 60k miles and the price remains unchanged?

I'm not sure. Perhaps others have tried it? Would be interesting to know considering the massive jump in price between 59,999 miles and 60,000...

Soldato
I'm not sure. Perhaps others have tried it? Would be interesting to know considering the massive jump in price between 59,999 miles and 60,000...
Yes, it does

My F80 is under BMW warranty, pay monthly. I started it with the car on 55k miles, and it's now on close to 85k miles. The monthly prices increase a little each year, basically an inflationary rise, but I think I pay ~£95/month compared to £88/month when I first took it out 3 years ago.

Soldato
Soldato
Yes, it does

My F80 is under BMW warranty, pay monthly. I started it with the car on 55k miles, and it's now on close to 85k miles. The monthly prices increase a little each year, basically an inflationary rise, but I think I pay ~£95/month compared to £88/month when I first took it out 3 years ago.
Not a bad price really. Is that 'named component' cover? What's the excess?

Soldato
Not a bad price really. Is that 'named component' cover? What's the excess?
That's fully comp with £250 excess.

It might be slightly more than £100/month now that I think about it, but it's in that ballpark anyway. Still reasonable, and I've claimed off it once so far (I'm just starting the third year now). Claim amount I guess came to around £1800-2000, though I didn't get to see the invoices.

Caporegime
That's fully comp with £250 excess.

It might be slightly more than £100/month now that I think about it, but it's in that ballpark anyway. Still reasonable, and I've claimed off it once so far (I'm just starting the third year now). Claim amount I guess came to around £1800-2000, though I didn't get to see the invoices.
They purposely hide the actual amount on the invoice so you can never really work out if the warranty Is worth it or not!

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
They purposely hide the actual amount on the invoice so you can never really work out if the warranty Is worth it or not!

The financial transaction between the dealer and the warranty provider is none of your business which is why they don’t show it.

I have simply asked them for a cost to complete the work should the warranty claim not be successful prior to asking them to proceed with the work. I have been given a full costed breakdown every single time. There’s nothing sinister about it.

Soldato
The financial transaction between the dealer and the warranty provider is none of your business which is why they don’t show it.

I have simply asked them for a cost to complete the work should the warranty claim not be successful prior to asking them to proceed with the work. I have been given a full costed breakdown every single time. There’s nothing sinister about it.
Exactly. In my case I wasn't worried about it because they'd already confirmed all the issues would be fixed under warranty.

Back
Top Bottom