BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
went to my local woolwich dealer for a 235i GC. Could not even get a test drive as no GC avaliable. order now but won't be avaliable until March next year. Was offered a new M240i with options tech, comfort. pano, adaptive, grey. told ready within months by July , not sure how accurate this is. 6k down, monthlies around £600 over 4 years , no discounts offered, Apr is 4.9% on 240i but 6.9% on 235i GC. No great deals avaliable anymore .
Damn that's expensive. End of 2019 my friend picked up the x4m for 549 deposit, 549 a month, my m4 was slightly more expensive but both with an apr of 2.9%...

Man of Honour
I cannot imagine paying £35,000 to drive a 2 Series for 4 years no matter how good it is to drive, which it seems it is.

They must have very low final value expectations for it to be that expensive? You'd think that with used car values being what they are it would be reducing the cost of financing new cars, not increasing it...

Associate
Thanks for this - M4. Sytner denies touching the door panel or even noticing that it came off and haven't replied to my emails. What I do know is that when it went it the trim was still there. Worth escalating this to BMW UK?

Car seems to be falling apart. I'm not in the country for about half the year so it's spends 6 month's garaged up. I'm really not impressed with the leather quality in the car, and have already noticed this weird cracking of the leather steering wheel too

Man of Honour
Something has rubbed against that, likely someone with a ring or something.

I've found the M4 leather quality to be good, but it's not particularly durable compared to the dakota leather.

Man of Honour
The steering wheel leather isn't very good - I have the same wheel - but it doesn't generally do that.

The issue I find with it is that it goes all shiny after about 10,000 miles :rolleyes:

It looks great but in terms of quality it's probably the worst steering wheel I've ever used in any BMW product.

Man of Honour
Yes, the wheel leather is nice when it's new, but it goes shiny faster than any other steering wheel leather I've seen.

You have to give it a scrub down with a leather brush and some good cleaner once a month and that helps, but it can't be avoided, sadly.

The smoother leather on the M4 seats/armrest is nice, but it does seem more prone to wear than it should be. Although I've seen similar on Audi RS cars, I think the finer leathers are just less hard-wearing. :(

Soldato
Some leathers are just poor quality, the rest is down to wear and tear. Finger nails, rings, high heels and fat arses being the major culprits. At least steering wheels can be recovered/replaced. I’m a bit OCD and thus i’m always careful getting in/out of the car, trying not to crush the seat bolsters.

On a different note, as posted in the other thread, my car is finally clean and coated…

Associate
The GMC leather in my dad's Vauxhall or my Charger (on which I've whacked on some serious KMs) is on much better shape than that of the BM. Sigh. Since I've returned I've had some poor luck with the car (did I mention someone reversed into the front at the lights trying to give way to a police car and then drove off ??) :confused::mad::(

Associate
Thanks for this - M4. Sytner denies touching the door panel or even noticing that it came off and haven't replied to my emails. What I do know is that when it went it the trim was still there. Worth escalating this to BMW UK?

Car seems to be falling apart. I'm not in the country for about half the year so it's spends 6 month's garaged up. I'm really not impressed with the leather quality in the car, and have already noticed this weird cracking of the leather steering wheel too

Send HQ all the details, they wont learn otherwise! Taking the pi55! Sytner have a bad rep as it is.

Associate
Eventually got round to switching wheels/tyres back to summers but rounded the wheel lock key on the last wheel lock bolt. :mad:

Going to pick up one of those remover type sockets tomorrow and give it a go.

Soldato
Some leathers are just poor quality, the rest is down to wear and tear. Finger nails, rings, high heels and fat arses being the major culprits. At least steering wheels can be recovered/replaced. I’m a bit OCD and thus i’m always careful getting in/out of the car, trying not to crush the seat bolsters.

On a different note, as posted in the other thread, my car is finally clean and coated…

Fiiiiiiiit!!

And THE best colour too.

Soldato
How are you getting on with yours?

I’m hoping to explore the performance this summer with some road trips including the NC 500. Did this previously in a Caterham, so will be interesting to try in the M5 and with the family onboard too.
Getting on great. Its now done 6k miles so feels like its loosening up nicely. (placebo probably)
It still makes your head go light and wooly when you give it some from the lights so I'm obviously not doing that enough and its still impresses pretty much EVERY drive.

I'm hoping to get on a driving course like the one Kindai did at millbrook.. The handling still surprises me on just how much grip there is, And I'll really like to know where the limits are, but on a normal road you seem to be going at prison speeds and still nowhere near.

We've been planning our european road trip. Last two times have been in an X3 then an X5 so the M5C wont be as comfy but will hopefully be more fun. Tour of spain. Then hopefully a 2nd trip to explore the Italian lakes and the Dolomites.

The only negative with the car that I can find is the lack of sense of occasion. It can be very 5 series'ish. But thats what its supposed to be.

We did part of the NC500 as part of the Running in mileage. Picked the car up from Glasgow and managed to do 3/4 of the mileage in a few days before heading back down the North West.
Fuel economy can be Shocking. I filled up last week and the range said 209 miles...... £115 ouch. A couple of easy long runs later and another fill up showed 376 miles. Thats quite some %% difference... But you don't buy an twin turbo 4.4 V8 with an unofficial 650-700 bhp for the economy.

Soldato
Getting on great. Its now done 6k miles so feels like its loosening up nicely. (placebo probably)
It still makes your head go light and wooly when you give it some from the lights so I'm obviously not doing that enough and its still impresses pretty much EVERY drive.

I'm hoping to get on a driving course like the one Kindai did at millbrook.. The handling still surprises me on just how much grip there is, And I'll really like to know where the limits are, but on a normal road you seem to be going at prison speeds and still nowhere near.

We've been planning our european road trip. Last two times have been in an X3 then an X5 so the M5C wont be as comfy but will hopefully be more fun. Tour of spain. Then hopefully a 2nd trip to explore the Italian lakes and the Dolomites.

The only negative with the car that I can find is the lack of sense of occasion. It can be very 5 series'ish. But thats what its supposed to be.

We did part of the NC500 as part of the Running in mileage. Picked the car up from Glasgow and managed to do 3/4 of the mileage in a few days before heading back down the North West.
Fuel economy can be Shocking. I filled up last week and the range said 209 miles...... £115 ouch. A couple of easy long runs later and another fill up showed 376 miles. Thats quite some %% difference... But you don't buy an twin turbo 4.4 V8 with an unofficial 650-700 bhp for the economy.

I currently use about a third of the performance and find that uncomfortable at times, you hit silly speeds so quickly and with little drama. I want to keep my license intact but you are so well insulated you wouldn’t know you were speeding unless you watched the HUD constantly. I think this is the downside you mention re sense of occasion.

The driving course is a good idea, I did an Porsche driving experience with an instructor, when I had my Cayman and that really opened my eyes to its capabilities on track.

In time I will take the car for extended trips around Europe, those roads will be ideal for this car. You will def enjoy it.

Don’t mention the fuel economy… in M mode I swear I can see the petrol gauge dropping as I drive :D

Associate

I knew I saw that car/plate somewhere getting detailed lol

Soldato
Im moving house so we need 2 cars again, I thought about a 3 series but they seem to be around the same price as a 5. £25 to £30k seems to get a nice 2020 5 series.

I assume its worth the extra to get a LCI? how is the 530i? I have never had something like this with such a small engine.

Soldato
The steering wheel leather isn't very good - I have the same wheel - but it doesn't generally do that.

The issue I find with it is that it goes all shiny after about 10,000 miles :rolleyes:

It looks great but in terms of quality it's probably the worst steering wheel I've ever used in any BMW product.

There are quite a few hit and miss stories about Pears Soap being very good at removing the shininess. But equally some horror stories about it removing the dye and leaving it looking worse.

It worked well for me though in a few places did start to fade the dye slightly, so needed a touch up with dye afterwards.

Short of a refurb, it can be worth a try. Though I'd advise less is definitely more and to exercise caution on the F series steering wheel.

Associate

Cheers for this - managed to get the part in from BMW Cotsworld - annoying that I had to fork out £27 for something I didnt do but it was an easy swap. Weather was decent yesterday and I noticed a few scratches on the drivers side door (likely some numpty at work opening their door against mine) and also the bonnet was quite scratched up. After hitting it with the sonax cut max + perfect finish on a uropad it cleared up approx 90% of the swirls and scratches. Top marks to whoever recommended me that combo (not sure if it was on this thread or the detailing one). Gonna be heading back to Dubai soon so will likely do one more wash in 2 weeks time before sticking it in the garage.

Back
Top Bottom