BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Looks like 3 series LCI reviews are dropping.

Headlights look a little bit better, and they didn't ruin the grill. However I think the front and rear bumpers don't look as good and I don't like the giant screen all touch consoles in cars, and the silly little gear selector. Seems like a downgrade overall to me

Soldato
Looks like 3 series LCI reviews are dropping.

Headlights look a little bit better, and they didn't ruin the grill. However I think the front and rear bumpers don't look as good and I don't like the giant screen all touch consoles in cars, and the silly little gear selector. Seems like a downgrade overall to me
Oh dear, they’ve followed Mercedes with the big dash screen. It looks less like a giant landscape iPad, but I still think it looks horrible.

Front now looks very LCI 5er. Hmm I prefer the pre LCI version. Not sure what the BMW designers are smoking these days.

Associate
Will be interesting to see one in the flesh, maybe the screen won’t look so bad in person.

The removal of more physical buttons is a real shame though, having to menu dive for AC controls does not sound appealing and the lack of tactile programmable buttons also is a miss. I think the pre-LCI setup has the balance just right.

The rear diffuser is too large and looks out of place.

Front looks ok, I wouldn’t say it’s any better or worse than the pre-LCI, just slightly different. I prefer the DRL on the old laser lights to the new upside down ones but that’s personal preference really.

I wonder if the M340i will be available without shadowline as all the pics I’ve seen are with black trim.

Soldato
Oh dear, they’ve followed Mercedes with the big dash screen. It looks less like a giant landscape iPad, but I still think it looks horrible.

Front now looks very LCI 5er. Hmm I prefer the pre LCI version. Not sure what the BMW designers are smoking these days.
It's like an ultra wide mobile phone with a kick stand balanced on the dashboard! At least the Mercedes screen (in the E class at least) is integrated into the dashboard.

Soldato
yes button loss seems a shame but acknowledges that the infotainment environment is increasingly important for the bmw demographic (chinese study a while back where people could be pursuaded to switch brands by superior infotainment) parents will dislike gratuitous need for touch screen versus tactile controls

Are the bmw screens now amoled for better contrast , colour richness, maybe helps with reflections too.

Man of Honour
Ive found Smooth Chill on my radio, it’s actually called Smooth Chill and not just Chill as it is on my Merc. You can now all sleep at night and I can get the full ‘lift’ music experience in my 5.

Soldato
Just lost a few brain cells reading this argument.

Nobody actually buys a car just because of the infotainment, but of course it can be a factor between two otherwise similar cars.

Back
Top Bottom