BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
I mean… hot cakes is a very vague measure so you could probably claim you were right whatever happens.

At the prices they are asking though, £90k after you’ve added a couple of options, I doubt it’s going to be a big seller.

I was looking at m340i numbers on howmanyleft and there’s only 3.6k between the saloon and the estate so getting to 2k of sales would be an achievement I reckon. Does that count as hot cakes?

£90k isnt "that" much nowadays. My x5 cost £82k.

Soldato
My satnav stopped finding any post codes recently and I assumed something had broke and googled it. I was wrong, it actually sounds like the 'connected drive ' has expired which being able to search a postcode is part of! How on earth do BMW get away with charging you a subscription just to search for a postcode?! Ridiculous. :mad:

Caporegime
My satnav stopped finding any post codes recently and I assumed something had broke and googled it. I was wrong, it actually sounds like the 'connected drive ' has expired which being able to search a postcode is part of! How on earth do BMW get away with charging you a subscription just to search for a postcode?! Ridiculous. :mad:
They must have changed it as I can still search via Postcode on my 2015 4 series?

Man of Honour

What car is it? Postcode lookup isn't part of connected drive on mine.

Saying that I don't know why you wouldn't renew it as it isn't very expensive and is reasonably useful.

Soldato
What car is it? Postcode lookup isn't part of connected drive on mine.

Saying that I don't know why you wouldn't renew it as it isn't very expensive and is reasonably useful.
4 series gran coupe. Yes I suspect I'll just suck it up and renew, I just find it silly that they would have standard features locked behind a subscription, even if it isn't an expensive one!

Man of Honour
4 series gran coupe. Yes I suspect I'll just suck it up and renew, I just find it silly that they would have standard features locked behind a subscription, even if it isn't an expensive one!

I don't think they do - postcode search is a part of the system and not a connected drive service. I don't know why yours doesn't work but I don't think you'll need to renew the subscription to get it back. Are you searching from the right menu? Our 2018 Mini has the same system and no Connected Drive subscription and postcode search works fine.

What year is the car?

Caporegime
i also have a 4 GC and can postcode lookup without having any subscription. Looking on the BMW connected drive app there is no mention of any subscription being needed for postcode lookup.

Soldato
I don't think they do - postcode search is a part of the system and not a connected drive service. I don't know why yours doesn't work but I don't think you'll need to renew the subscription to get it back. Are you searching from the right menu? Our 2018 Mini has the same system and no Connected Drive subscription and postcode search works fine.

What year is the car?

i also have a 4 GC and can postcode lookup without having any subscription. Looking on the BMW connected drive app there is no mention of any subscription being needed for postcode lookup.
I've worked out what it is. It's when you do the quick search, that feature is apparently connected drive, if I do a full search the postcodes come up as expected. Bit of a weird one!

Man of Honour
Cross post from show us your motors. I take zero credit for them, they were taken by Raymond.

LIN03067.jpg

LIN03051.jpg

LIN03048.jpg

Soldato
With idrive 7 does anyone know if the ability to receive emails to the car has been discontinued? I've setup the conecteddrive portal with all my email settings successfully but I cannot see anywhere in idrive7 to read or send them. I believe there was a email option within coms in previous idrive versions but there is nothing there in mine. I have got the connect package professional option.
My 2013 A3 Audi and our current fiesta can both do this so rather surprised if BMW has removed this useful option..

Back
Top Bottom