BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Lots of issues with the V1 MPE's being prone to cracking, pretty common and getting a replacement shouldn't be difficult.

Lots of dealers have refused to honour warranties on genuine BMW MPE's not fitted by dealers, makes no sense trying to class genuine parts as modifications?...

Soldato
530d has just past 10k miles and brake fluid service light beaming at me ... ok to leave for a bit? Anyone know how much this is to get done, probably go independent. Cheers.

Man of Honour
530d has just past 10k miles and brake fluid service light beaming at me ... ok to leave for a bit? Anyone know how much this is to get done, probably go independent. Cheers.

The first brake fluid service is due at 3 years I think, then it's every 2 years. It's pretty much the cheapest service item on the car and even at a main dealer it's well under £100.

Given the age and value of the car I'm not sure why you'd want to leave this? If you don't do it, you won't have full service history on the car which could cause you warranty issues.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Looked BMW ferric grey up and it looks close to the black chrome they have in their showroom

There are two ferric greys (I and II) and they are almost impossible to get a colour match on. I had my GT wheels painted by McLaren in Ferric Grey II and they ended up just buying the paint from BMW as their paint system couldn't match it. The BMW paint code is B55 if that helps you!

Don
There are two ferric greys (I and II) and they are almost impossible to get a colour match on. I had my GT wheels painted by McLaren in Ferric Grey II and they ended up just buying the paint from BMW as their paint system couldn't match it. The BMW paint code is B55 if that helps you!
Thanks for info :)

Man of Honour
Lots of issues with the V1 MPE's being prone to cracking, pretty common and getting a replacement shouldn't be difficult.

Lots of dealers have refused to honour warranties on genuine BMW MPE's not fitted by dealers, makes no sense trying to class genuine parts as modifications?...
I thought it was a V2 as I’ve read about the cracking issues so I checked. Guess I was wrong!

And yes that was the service departments take on it, it’s an official BMW part so why is it excluded. I have the car back now while the dealer talks to BMW UK for find a way forward. Should know more today or early next week, then it’s a 5-7 working day wait apparently for it to arrive from Germany.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It's not an M3 rival at all - it is over 100bhp less than the M3 and costs £20,000 less.

It's an M340i competitor - similar power, similar performance.

Soldato
Ah well he got us all to read some more drivel so job done.

More to the point apparently any future C63 is also going to be a 4 pot plug in hybrid…

Soldato
if the 48V/Li-on in mb is unlocking electric superchargers with a torque curve and sonality that may approach an inline 6 then BMW need to catch-up

Soldato
if the 48V/Li-on in mb is unlocking electric superchargers with a torque curve and sonality that may approach an inline 6 then BMW need to catch-up
What a load of nonsense.

Check the specs, this downgrade from 6 cyl to 4 cyl is producing.... 31mpg

M3 Competition with S58 6 cyl... 28.8mpg

Why would BMW feel threatened :D

Soldato
Check the specs, this downgrade from 6 cyl to 4 cyl is producing.... 31mpg

M3 Competition with S58 6 cyl... 28.8mpg

Why would BMW feel threatened

think bigger - of their application across all their 4 cyclinder turbo cars , if you can remove lag and make more power earlier in rpm, you are getting characteristics more like a bigger capacity i6 ;
sonality there?
an i6 sounds nice , if the induction noise with an electric turbo gives similar aural satisfaction then bring it on;
i6 noise is addictive but you pay at the pumps.

Back
Top Bottom