1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW demand full payment of modified M4 on finance

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Django x2, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Vita

Capodecina

No fair play to you for answering the question.

My point is, everyone does it. Even when cars and other people are about. He'll either learn and realise the hard way or just carry on doing what he's doing.

2. Acme

Caporegime

I think his point was, not everyone goes 150MPH when there is traffic around. Theres a difference between what he was doing in that clip, and going 40 in a 30. Or even 50 in a 30.

3. mjt

Capodecina

I saw a video of you leaving a car meet like an imbecile recently @Acme so who are you to judge?

4. Acme

Caporegime

While that may not have been sensible, spinning a wheel in the wet when leaving a car meet /= driving at 150MPH around traffic. Its 'tradition' of leaving a car meet or show! Plus if I had lost control the consequences would have meen minor. At worst I would have knocked over a cone and damaged my pride. :p

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  5. mrk

Man of Terrible Jokes

A bit of speed here and there does no harm. The key is to drive tastefully and to the conditions surrounding the road at the time. He seems to mash the pedal at every chance.

I also asked a question about a car once and he never replied.

So f him!

6. Jumper118

Mobster

Just got my hire car in spain, paid £37 a day for it so i fully own it now, just going to run 700hp in it and take the bits off when i give it back, and post loads of youtube videos on it. This ok ya?

7. vanpeebles

Soldato

Sounds like a yoochoob hit! :D Here is a million pounds in ad revenue, kthxbai.

8. Nasher

Capodecina

Dont forget to take out excess waiver :D

9. Demon

Soldato

I'll have to use that one next time my driving is commented upon! :)

I find quite a few of the more interesting youtubers are pressing on but IMO reasonably well calculated risk wise and don't have an issue, then you have a few others that raise a few eyebrows..

10. Havana_UK

Mobster

I did a quick test last night on a bit of private road and top of 3rd in the M3 is ~95mph, no idea what top of 4th would be, probably >120mph.

I've thought from the offset that this chap from LLF drives like an idiot.

11. LiE

Capodecina

Agreed. Coming off a roundabout onto an empty dual carriageway is completely different to a busy road surrounded by cars. No one anticipates or expects a car moving at speeds over 100mph. You may be a god driver, but everyone else around you can still mess up.

12. adam cool dude

Soldato

How many people have actually gone 150MPH full stop. I did it once on the Autobahn and even with 4+ lanes it felt sketchy as contrary to popular belief German roads are not smooth as a billiard table. I am no driving god but have done several tracks days. I would never in a million years attempt something like that on normal British A roads.

It still remember watching this video. The car is clearly the kids pride and joy and he instantly regretted giving him the keys!

13. mrk

Man of Terrible Jokes

Oooh never saw that video, lunchtime watching material sorted :D

It's over 130 in 4th, at least on the S54 engine anyway. 3rd tops out at around 115.

14. Steedie

Man of Honour

That kids face :D

"Could do with turning the traction off to be honest..." :D

15. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

So much burn.

Then I watched the video. I don't get it, that was pretty slow. At worst a fly was going to get it :p

I was expecting this - https://www.motor1.com/news/148726/bmw-destroyed-leaving-car-meet-scotland/

[​IMG]

16. LiE

Capodecina

17. Nasher

Capodecina

Most roads in the UK are just not good enough quality to go that fast on them. You'll get rattled to death or hit a series of potholes and get flung off the road :\

18. ScoobyDoo69

Sgarrista

They demanded a big chunk of extra cash because he hadn't declared the mods before sharing the videos everywhere - either that or they cancelled and he went elsewhere. I just remember him getting caught out basically.

19. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

20. Terminal_Boy

Soldato