BMW Z4 hardtop

Soldato
OP
I'm just surprised that I hadn't seen one before and still can't get over how much better the Z4 looks with a proper roof on it.

Very old school coupe in it's looks, quite reminiscent of a hard top stag or an old aston.

Soldato
Nice car but I'd want to take a tinopener to the roof every time the sun came out, if your going to have a 2 seater than it has to be a rag top.

They do look very nice with CSL wheels on

z4coupe.jpg

HEADRAT

Last edited:

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Looking at the pricing on the BMW website, the Z4 M Roadster/Coupe seem like pretty good value for money for the performance and spec! The Coupe is easily the best looking but I agree with HEADRAT, what's the point in a cramped 2 seater if you can't take the roof off?

Man of Honour
I've driven the 3.0Si Coupé and sat in the Z4M roadster. God almighty I love the Coupé, it's a pity I can't afford it yet. They are excellent cars, I can only imagine that the Z4M Coupé is amazing on every level.

The model I drove was a fully loaded Sport spec in Phoenix Yellow with the matching yellow leather. I thought it would be garish but in the flesh it is absolutely stunning. I'd give my right leg to have it (and my left leg.....and my middle leg!)

Associate
The coupe does look amazing, especially with CSL wheels. I'm due to pickup my Z4 any day now (roadster). Coming into Spring now so doubly glad I went for the soft top.

Oddly enough I don't think the CSL wheels suit the roadster as much as the coupe.

Associate
Z4M

Here's my Z4M roadster. Got this after going into local dealer to find out about the 3.0 Coupe, and was persuaded that I could have this ex-demo for the same cost, which seemed a bit of a bargain.

Do like the looks of the coupe, but for £32k, this seemed the better choice! (the Z4M coupes came out a few months after the roadster & the demo cars aren't being sold yet as far as I know, so they are holding their value better...)

Z4M_2.jpg

Soldato
Very very nice, I have 3.0 myself but I may treat myself to a "M", I like the Coupe but

Soft Top > *

what colour is that?

Best thing about the M is probably the steering rack and the non run flat tyres.

HEADRAT

Last edited:
Associate
It's "Interlagos Blue" (slightly purple mid/dark blue), interior is "Light Sepang Bronze" (dark cream coloured is the best way to describe it!).

Although that pic was taken back in december & it's more of a brown colour at the moment! (Could have washed it last weekend, but spent the day out in the good weather instead!)

As for the best thing about it, well yes those are both good, but the sound from about 5k to 7.5k isn't bad either :D

I used to find it a little twitchy to drive, but once I got used to the way the back end moves it's quite unbelievable how quick you can go through the bends. Although pulling out of side roads can be interesting... has a tendency to sidestep if you're not careful with the right foot! :eek:

Soldato
prayman said:
but the sound from about 5k to 7.5k isn't bad either :D

Ah the sound from the 3.0 is pretty sweet as well, just love the straight six yowl!

Where abouts in Cornwall are you, I used to live just outside Bodmin in a little village called St Mabyn

HEADRAT

Soldato
OP
mmmm shiny cars.....

I 'm still not keen on the cab version but each to there own ;)

all these shiny cars remind me that it's time to drag the MG out of winter storage and give it a clean and a coat of wax.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom