1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BNP Membership lists leaked

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by UncleBensSauce, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Delvis

Caporegime

Funny that isn't it.

2. Xandos

Hitman

Whilst I hate the idea of lists of peoples data getting left on the train, this is one instance that made me smile.

I'm glad that they had no problems in saying that any police officers on the list would be fired.

3. dirtydog

PermaBanned

So the man responsible for leaking the list has been fined £200.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/8231475.stm

I am very dismayed that this man was not jailed - he betrayed the position of trust he was given, and he put innocent people and their families' lives at risk.

He says his beef is only with the BNP leadership and not the rank and file members, yet his actions clearly put the latter at risk of violence or persecution.

4. Burnsy2023

Man of Honour

No, the members did by joining the BNP.

5. arknor

Caporegime

so because they joined the BNP it means they have no rights :confused:

6. dirtydog

PermaBanned

That is an odd way of looking at it. Don't you think BNP members should have the same rights to privacy and freedom of political party membership as enjoyed by members of other parties?

7. Burnsy2023

Man of Honour

Law gives them the same rights, but they all knew the risks of belonging to such a party.

8. dirtydog

PermaBanned

Do you think it was okay to leak the list then? And/or do you think the punishment received by the culprit is adequate?

9. scorza

Caporegime

The punishment is light but what did you expect from this country? Remember that guy who left top secret documents on the train escaped a prison sentence. Breaching the Official Secrets Act is a much more serious offence than the Data Protection Act.

10. Burnsy2023

Man of Honour

No, although the revelation of a few BNP police officers was a good thing.

I'm not sure I know enough details to make that judgement.

11. Energize

Caporegime

Hardly, it results in discrimination that breaches the human rights act. I may not like the fact that BNP or Labour members support totalitarian parties, but it doesn't mean they should be banned from the police force.

Whether they put their lives at risk is of no relevance to the issue of whether the person leaking the list put their lives at risk.

See the "ignorance of refutation" fallacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignoratio_elenchi

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  12. Von Smallhausen

Man of Honour

A circular was released some time ago stating that BNP membership was incompatible with serving police officers and the values of the service.

That was circulated to all serving officers and there will not be one who was not aware of it and I struggle to sympathise with any officer stupid enough to give their personal details to the BNP for membership.

The police service say it is a no no and they either take that advice or risk the consequences.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  13. deuse

Capodecina

So how come the Sir Ian Blair was not sacked then?

"The Metropolitan Police Authority (MPA) has confirmed the alleged racism case has been settled out of court,
    and that it has paid an undisclosed sum of money to Ghaffur. It has also paid contractual obligations and a contribution to his legal costs.

So if your a top dog you can buy your way out of trouble hmmmm

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  14. Energize

Caporegime

The labour party cause Islamic fear/hatred by their constant anti-terror propaganda, so really if your going to ban the BNP members on grounds of racism/religious hatred, you'd have to ban Labour members as well.

15. Overlag

Capodecina

I'd be happy with that.

You need to balance it all out really. we got Labour on one side, and BNP on the other. I hate Labour's Propaganda etc, I hate their immigration policies (or lack of) so yeah need BNP to balance those morons out.

Edited to make sure I don't upset anymore spelling Nazi's. I seriously didn't know every post on here was a spelling test.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  16. 98p

Gangster

17. dirtydog

PermaBanned

Presumably that was down to negligence and not a deliberate malicious act as in this case, though?

18. stockhausen

Capodecina

With such a shocking lack of any understanding of our fair language, I really do think that you should be as nervous of the BNP as anyone :rolleyes:

19. Von Smallhausen

Man of Honour

Why don't you ask Sir Ian Blair or the MPA ?

Alternatively you could ask Tarique Ghaffur. Is it beyond comprehension that he was overlooked for promotion as there were better candidates and decided to play it canny as a result ? Just a thought.

20. deuse

Capodecina

So when it comes to the big boss you say "ask him"
    but when it comes to fellow officers you have a go at them.

Just goes to show(imho) the top cops are still as bent as a ten bob note.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009