1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bohemian Rhapsody

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by pokerking, May 17, 2018.

1. pokerking

Wise Guy

Big Queen fan, this is going to be epic :D

Apologies if this has been posted, long wait it comes out in November! The music will be EPIC on the big speakers!

2. Rodneypooleg

Wise Guy

Yeah looking forward to this!

3. Participant

Caporegime

Great casting for Freddie. Couldn't have been any better.

4. MookJong

Sgarrista

The trailer blew me away, Queen fan but had no real interest....mind was 180 flipped, love it.

5. mattyg

Soldato

I was brought up on Queen. Parents were big fans, I was a big fan. Live at wembly '86 album still gives me goose bumps......That trailer nearly had me in tears......Jeez I'm a soft arse...

Not sure I could watch in public....lol

CAN
    NOT
    WAIT..

Epic..

6. J.T

Mobster

Looking forward to this, looks like its going to be good fun!

7. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

Dunno, I like Queen mainly mercury but don't think they can really replace him visually or sonically. The music will just be dubbed in, might as well just listen to a cd or something and enjoy that. About the story part, tbh I don't want to know if he had troubles or whatever or the band issues if there was any as that might ruin why I like the music.

If they were Gona make a film, they shoulda done it when he was alive.

8. insideline

Perma Banned

Meh, it had great potential when Sacha Baron Cohen was going to be making it but judging from all the info released and the trailer this is going to be some weak sanitised family friendly version of what could have been.

9. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

Yeah from what he said there Gona kill Freddie off half way through and show how the band carried on and got better and better. Pff queen aint queen without Freddie, there just the guys who play instruments and trying to make themselves look great even without Freddie. Queen ended as soon as he died imo.

10. joey1211

Mobster

I hope Robbie Williams doesn't make an appearance.

11. wolfie138

Mobster

seems like they've overdone Freddie's teeth, unless i'm misremembering how bad they were :-/
    what's the running time on this? seems they'd need a fair bit of time to do justice to the full story, when you stop and consider everything Queen have done.

12. vvalter

Gangster

Quite excited about this, could be a great film.... the story is there.
    Or it could be meh... and turned into overly sentimental drivel. Well, at least the soundtrack kicks ass :)

13. joey1211

Mobster

Needs to end with Freddie's departure unless it's a Pulp Fiction style edit.

We do not need to see May brown nosing on Buck Palace.

14. ci_newman

Sgarrista

I caught the trailer for this at the cinema over the weekend. If nothing else, the music will make this an epic watch in the cinema.

15. horseunderwater

Wise Guy

This could be so good i do hope it does this band And especially Freddy Justice

16. Glanza

Sgarrista

All I can think of is how different the film would have been if they didn't shy away from certain parts of Freddie's life and still had SCB down to play him.

17. Hades

Capodecina

Didn't know about this. I'm definitely seeing it. Big Queen fan.

18. Edinho

Mobster

Well nobody gave a rats arse about Queen before he died. Like he said himself 'nobody will give a **** until I'm dead'

I'm not sure about the film there are plenty of interviews and documentaries to fill the gap. It seems like a film to appeal those that never really grew up with it.

19. Combat Fighter

Mobster

As a massive Queen fan I'm looking forward to it. The trailer was better than I thought.

20. Nitefly

Man of Honour

Sort of related... I was going through my iTunes on shuffle recently and I rediscovered a rather excellent album called United States by Paul Gilbert and Freddie Nelson... which is pretty much as Queen as you can get without being Queen. If you are a big Queen fan I think you'll like it!

First one is the most obviously 'Queen-like', second is the 'catchy single', third is the one that rawks the most \m/,

Check it out :)