Boiler condensate pump

Soldato
Just bought a new house, got the keys a few weeks ago but move in tomorrow. Found a puddle on the garage floor...
Boiler is leaking, firebird enviromax c20.
It's dripping out of the heat exchanger. Blew the Condensate lines out and gave the pump a wiggle, now it seems to be trying to pump (self priming diaphragm type) so I'll give it 5 mins.

Anyway, I ain't a boiler guy, no idea how to procure spares.
Am I likely to be able to find a plumbing store local that stocks this kinfa thing or is it strictly mail order?
Rd01 is the pump. Found one online but they're closed until the 4th.

Cheers guys.
Even if it does work, I'd like to get a spare on hand.

Associate
Any plumbers merchant will be open tomorrow, City Plumbing, Plumb Centre etc. Even Screwfix probably do a condensate pump.

Google really is your friend here....

Soldato
If you're sure the condensate pump is goosed and it's causing the problem just drain it in to a bucket until you can get it sorted.

Soldato
OP
If you're sure the condensate pump is goosed and it's causing the problem just drain it in to a bucket until you can get it sorted.
So I left it to quit all of the water, which it seemed quite happy doing. The heat exchanger is still dripping though, so I have left the hose just draining to a dish like you suggest.

Not sure if there's a bigger issue but hopefully the puddle will be smaller tomorrow.

Soldato
As always with these things, photos help. If there is water leaking out of the heat exchanger, you're going to need a plumber. If it's condensate coming out of the condensate hose then the boiler doesn't care where it goes, as long as it goes somewhere. If the condensate trap is blocked your boiler won't fire.

Just seen that it's an oil fired boiler. Get an engineer out.

Back
Top Bottom