Bolton Vs Arsenal (Cup Replay)

Soldato
Great game, shame about the result. Both teams played well and I think Bolton outplayed Arsenal for a large percentage of the game. Some shocking misses.. :o

Soldato
andi said:
Great game, shame about the result. Both teams played well and I think Bolton outplayed Arsenal for a large percentage of the game. Some shocking misses.. :o

Bolton outplayed arsenal for a large percentage.

Was you even watching the same match :confused:

Caporegime
The_One said:

Bolton fights for the ball a lot more but chances wise they had about a handful, clear chances there was the goal, and hitting the bar. arsenal on the other hand score 3, missed 2 penalties and hit the post in an open goal.

Arsenal deserved to win, no doubt about that.

Soldato
rossyl said:
I have a feeling Arsenal will stuff them.

And I hope we do it well.

Ah and so i was right...although we really could have killed them off. But a good scoreline in the end.

There should have been a happy-slap ceremony at the end where Wenger took out his mobile as his team beat up Anelka, as Fat Sam sat back in the stands with his bucket of feed and a few pies.

Soldato
The_One said:

Yeah. Arsenal kept hitting on the counter. The chances they got were mainly because Bolton were throwing everything forward. Boltons building play and attacks were very good and deserved more. 3-1 wasn't really reflective was it?

Permabanned
rossyl said:
Ah and so i was right...although we really could have killed them off. But a good scoreline in the end.

There should have been a happy-slap ceremony at the end where Wenger took out his mobile as his team beat up Anelka, as Fat Sam sat back in the stands with his bucket of feed and a few pies.
rofl... Typical disillusioned Arsenal supporter

Soldato
Baker said:
rofl... Typical disillusioned Arsenal supporter

[ASSE]Hinchy said:
How is that disillusioned?

Exactly...how is that disillusioned? Arsenal hit the post on an open goal, and missed a penalty in ordinary time, as well as Baptista's miss early on, and another missed pen in extra time.

Bolton missed that chance at the end of the first half and the end of the game where it hit the post.

But Arsenal had more clear cut chances.

Also what's wrong about wanting a happy slap ceremony for Anelka...I hate him!

Soldato
I personally think Anelka hates himself for the way he acted in his career. Looking at his body language you can see the regret he has for what has happened.

You can also see from his play that he is an absolutely superb footballer. His vision, pace, technique, everything about his game is superb. Some of his cross field passes, he just drills them through the air as flat as anything with pinpoint accuracy. He even works hard. He could still achieve so much more in his career. I hope he moves to a bigger club as he is a player that can really make a different in a match.

Associate
[ASSE]Hinchy said:
I personally think Anelka hates himself for the way he acted in his career. Looking at his body language you can see the regret he has for what has happened.

You can also see from his play that he is an absolutely superb footballer. His vision, pace, technique, everything about his game is superb. Some of his cross field passes, he just drills them through the air as flat as anything with pinpoint accuracy. He even works hard. He could still achieve so much more in his career. I hope he moves to a bigger club as he is a player that can really make a different in a match.

Good post. Totally agree. I believe his earlier 'blips' in his career were largely down to his bothers who were acting as his agents.

Back
Top Bottom