Bookshelf speakers

Associate
I've recently upgraded to a triple monitor setup and my Logitech speakers don't have a cable long enough to not be stuck behind the screens. Are there any cheapish bookshelf speakers that would do the job and are of good quality?

Associate
OP
I don't have an amp and don't know what you mean by passive or active, just read about these somewhere and thought I'd ask.

Associate
OP
Thank you. Any of these slightly better than the other? Sorry for all the questions, I'm guessing I need to find an amp as well?

Soldato
Passive speakers need an external amplifier, whereas active speakers have the amplifier built in to one of the speakers. Better quality studio monitor speakers have an amplifier in each speaker.

For £100, Edifier's are a very good choice. There are some low budget studio monitor speakers for similar money, but it seems that a few too many corners have been cut to meet a certain price point with some of them. M-Audio AV42 are pretty good though, although even they aren't quite a good as their AV40 predecessors.

Passive speakers and a small T amp, is another option. Wharfedale 9.0 and either a Topping or SMSL amp is a good combination for about £100.

All have 4" woofers and will certainly be larger than the Logitech's you were using, so best to check you'll have room.

Associate
OP
Thank you very much, just the information I was after. Room shouldn't be an issue as I have a large desk, I'll check out these models.

Back
Top Bottom