Booster seat advice

Soldato
So this is my daughter at 121cm (before anyone says anything she went in her proper seat as i told her i need to research it first. In all honesty i thought it doesn't look too bad.

y4mOS6cqwbmYl_a8Bm9GGZ1o24tR-U8L_rlVGccwrMerm8W-WWWwdsiMSDDGyk8xKC26HeoaLDG1r6mT0lR9zsZU5-TcINOcjy5H6dt-FLh_ZfCvFBxCDxNuJgg8cecqUmp1P2OXZ-uSUy0mlkqOc8XiF37VDD-kuVmUFXCSsi_Yxjc88PnxFVeTJpYgdZ8AvLwNUTxI0KOa863Rfb3aW_kYQ

Associate
Thanks, it's something backless we need ideally, just the booster base really.
We have a Brittax Romer 123 which has been great, but it's getting a bit of snug in terms of width, it shaped a bit like a sports seat.

I think backless are all but forbidden now - Consider whether a backless booster is actually less safe than just the seatbelt on it's own, due to the additional movement it's loose-fitting allows - the ones with hooks that hook onto the isofix catches are probably OK if you can still get them.

Does that mean backless booster seats will be illegal?
No, it just means that new models of backless booster seats will only be suitable for children taller than 125cm or weighing more than 22kg. The Department of Transport Government website confirms that the new rules don’t affect current models of backless boosters and booster seats.

Will I be fined for using a backless booster seat?
No. If you have a backless booster seat that you owned before the law changed, it is still legal.

Associate
OP
Well given my son is 135cm and 36kg a conventional child seat is no use, they are all too small. A backless booster to me seems safer than him just sitting on the seat as the risk of the seat belt hurting his throat is much greater due when sat directly on the seat due to its position. Plus if he can't see out of the window properly we'll never hear the end of it. Technically he doesn't need one given his weight and height, but I'm not convinced/happy about him just sitting on the seat.....maybe it's just me!

If I can get an backless booster which is isofix and doesn't prohibit the seatbeat from fitting I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Personally i wouldnt want an ISOFIX one, the best ones are the super cheap foam ones which serve just to lift them up, for the reasons which you have highlighted.

My son is only 6, but he is still old enough that a basic one becomes a non issue, he is able to grab it from the boot/footwell on his own, choose where he wants to sit, and throw it down and buckle himself in.

Back
Top Bottom