Borderlands GOTY Enhanced - Is out now! Free for owners of BL1 "Steam"

Soldato
Hello all just an heads up if you already own Borderlands 1 You can now get the new Enhanced version for Free.

ABOUT THIS GAME
Discover the co-op shooter-looter that started it all, crammed with content and enhancements! Equip bazillions of guns as one of four trigger-happy mercenaries, each with unique RPG skills. Take on the lawless desolate planet Pandora in pursuit of powerful alien technology: The Vault. With new weapons, visual upgrades, all 4 add-on packs and more, enjoy the highly acclaimed FPS/RPG solo or together with friends!

• Bazillions of Guns: Rocket-launching shotguns, enemy-torching revolvers, SMGs that fire lightning rounds, and tons more.
  • Radical Art Style: Traditional rendering techniques combined with hand-drawn textures give Borderlands its iconic style.
  • Intense Vehicular Combat: Behind the wheel, engage in frenetic vehicle-to-vehicle combat.
  • Co-op Frenzy: Tear through the opposition as a crew of up to 4.
NEW:
VISUALLY STUNNING: With improved character models, environments, weapons, and textures, Borderlands paired with a 4K display never looked so good.

NEW WEAPONS: There are already too many to count so we added more.

NEW CHARACTER HEADS: Be as beautiful as mom says you are.

NEW GOLD CHESTS AND KEYS: More loot!

AND MORE!
PLUS:
THE ZOMBIE ISLAND OF DOCTOR NED: Enter the corporate owned small town known as Jakobs Cove and put an end to the rumors of the walking “undead.” New areas, new missions, new enemies, Oh My!

MAD MOXXI’S UNDERDOME RIOT: Celebrate the grand opening of Marcus Bank by taking on hundreds of foes in the only competitive arena around where you’re coming back famous... or not at all.

THE SECRET ARMORY OF GENERAL KNOXX: Want more of the Borderlands story and more loot than you could possibly figure out what to do with? Add new guns, missions, vehicles and more!

CLAPTRAP’S NEW ROBOT REVOLUTION: This destructive adventure invites you to battle a vicious new threat, a massive uprising of your former friends: the claptraps.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/729040/Borderlands_Game_of_the_Year_Enhanced/

Associate
As far as I can see the original Borderlands 1, all its DLC and its GOTY edition has been removed from steam and anyone who had any flavour of BL1 now has Border Lands GOTY Edition Enhanced instead.

This is different to how its been done in the past. Normally these freebie enhanced versions have different app ids. Skyrim,CoH and Divinity are examples.

Soldato
Yep, interesting how they've done it on Steam. Bl1 has it's own listing, with a new set of achievements, Bl2 you install the update hdtexture packs from the title store and it opens it up in a new menu running alongside. Its different

Gotta say, BL2 looks amazing on PS4PRO with 4K HDR and 60fps using an LG OLED. Stunning.

Soldato
Hats off to Gearbox (whoops), they are forgiven for the 6 month release delay on 3!

3vB9yrH.png

Is it this one? That purchase date got me all kinds of confused.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally!

Ultrawide support at last.

Means no more faffing to get it working.

Only took 'em nine years.

Meanwhile Company of Heroes, a game that came out in 2006, supported it from the get go (albeit not the UI).

Caporegime
So up until the end of March there was a Borderlands gifting tool on Steam where you could enter the borderlands original key, as I have, and be granted Borderlands on Steam. I didn't even know this existed up until yesterday when I tried to enter my key from my Borderlands Game of the Year edition and it didn't work. A bit of googling told me about the gifting tool and 2K's own support pages still reference it on Steam but it's no longer available. That's pretty scummy TBH. I've raised a support ticket but as it stands unless they sort it I won't be buying the game again.

FWIW I won't be buying B3 on Epic store either. I'm not against other clients and downloaders, but I am against dodgy practices and my personal and payment data going to China.

Caporegime
Took it for a quick whirl. The auto collect for ammo and money is such a time saver. And I notice the bodies of the dead don't disintegrate any more. Place is strewn with dead skag.

Associate
So there was a borderlands granting tool that i had no clue about and now i have a copy of borderlands sitting on the shelf that i can't play and their support wont help me out even though i payed for the game. And its not like they went out of business... they also expect me to buy it again on steam if i want to play the game i own again.

Soldato
So there was a borderlands granting tool that i had no clue about and now i have a copy of borderlands sitting on the shelf that i can't play and their support wont help me out even though i payed for the game. And its not like they went out of business... they also expect me to buy it again on steam if i want to play the game i own again.
Who did you contact? 2K Support was great for me when it came to the Bioshock remaster.

Back
Top Bottom