Borked LAN port? :/

Associate
Oh dear. It seems like I've borked my second LAN port on my motherboard :/

I recently got some new RAM and a new hard drive, so I put them in and everything is working fine. While I have my case open, I figure now would be a good idea to give my PC a little MOT of sorts. I dust it out with a paint brush, rework a few cables, put it all together and WHAM! No internet via LAN 2.

LAN 1 works fine. Though it was working once I had the new components installed, I tried removing them but same story. Tried installing a fresh copy of Windows to see if it was software related, but nope.

Any ideas what else I can try?

Associate
OP
No, Device Manager says that both LAN ports are working properly. Here's a snapshot of both ports' details panels. The two on the left are for the working port.

lan.jpg

Associate
I think reinstalling OS includes that...

It depends, If he installed Windows 7 then it auto installs the Nforce Drivers, but they might not be the most up to date ones and could have a known issue. It's still the easiest thing to check.

Associate
OP
I've checked the cable by plugging it into the working LAN port, so the cable and the port on the router are fine. I run Vista 64 normally, so disabled and renabled, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers on that to no avail. The fresh copy of Windows I install was Windows 7, and it didn't work either before or after I installed the Nvidia drivers. And yes, I have even tried restore the BIOS to factory defaults!

Back
Top Bottom