Born 50yrs too early...

Caporegime
I doubt anyone will ever live forever.

And even if you could, why would you want to?

Also that article mentions nothing of the actual ageing process, are they going to halt that?

Soldato
OP

Sums up the report for me, he's clearly been watching too much T2.

Indeed... But do you not think within the next 100yrs we will have the ability to probably control the aging process to a significant degree? Do you not think had you been born 50-100yrs later your life would not be over within 70yrs, but maybe three times that instead?

It is theoreticly possible that we will live longer in the future and that we will have artificial parts replacing some of our organs, but in 20 years we will be able to acheive immortality? No chance.

Caporegime
Indeed... But do you not think within the next 100yrs we will have the ability to probably control the aging process to a significant degree? Do you not think had you been born 50-100yrs later your life would not be over within 70yrs, but maybe three times that instead?

I think within 100 years is a more reasonable timescale, however would immortality for the masses be legal, why would we want people living till 140+? I think an extended life for the intellectually gifted would do the world good, lots of people with great brains and ideas die too soon.

Soldato
OP
It is theoreticly possible that we will live longer in the future and that we will have artificial parts replacing some of our organs, but in 20 years we will be able to acheive immortality? No chance.

That was not the suggestion (or the point) of the OP. The premise is that probably soon after you die, the science will be developed to create far healthier lives, that go on for far longer periods.

It's akin to dying from a disease that they find the cure to the following year.

This, and probably the next generation will die having lead traditional lives with traditional life times. Beyond that people will most likely live two, three or more times longer...

Are you not the slightest big jealous?

Back
Top Bottom