Bosch oven no longer heating up

Soldato
presumably any light that indicates it is not up to temp, and is heating, was still coming on ? which indicates thermostat has not failed completely.

In the absence of a meter, I guess you dont have the means to temporarily wire a light bulb into where the element is, which would show if oven is turning element on
(would need crocodile clips)

I've used ransomspares.co.uk in the past

Soldato
OP
presumably any light that indicates it is not up to temp, and is heating, was still coming on ? which indicates thermostat has not failed completely.

In the absence of a meter, I guess you dont have the means to temporarily wire a light bulb into where the element is, which would show if oven is turning element on
(would need crocodile clips)

I've used ransomspares.co.uk in the past

where do u reckon the thermostat would be

I think the grill actually works and the top/bottom heating element

its just the oven being on 3D /eco hot air modes it just don't get hot enough

Soldato
OP
where do u reckon the thermostat would be

I think the grill actually works and the top/bottom heating element

its just the oven being on 3D /eco hot air modes it just don't get hot enough

what im trying to say here is that if the grill works etc then i dont see the thermostat being a problem
unless there is more than 1

Soldato
Id just go ahead and swap the element. Tripping the RCD is a high probability of an element issue.

I wouldn’t turn the oven off at the isolator as soon as you have finished with it. They require cooling time (you’ll note the fans still run after it’s been turned off), mostly for the PCB/control circuits.

Once they are done you can turn it off that said you’ll be saving about 3p (perhaps 6p with all the recent rises!) in electric a year by doing so. EU regs on electronics means standby power on these things is next to nothing.

Soldato
OP
Id just go ahead and swap the element. Tripping the RCD is a high probability of an element issue.

I wouldn’t turn the oven off at the isolator as soon as you have finished with it. They require cooling time (you’ll note the fans still run after it’s been turned off), mostly for the PCB/control circuits.

Once they are done you can turn it off that said you’ll be saving about 3p (perhaps 6p with all the recent rises!) in electric a year by doing so. EU regs on electronics means standby power on these things is next to nothing.

Thanks, I will search for the element then.

Yes will pay close attention to the cooling , I agree it sounds important. Ever see people turning their TV's off every single night etc surely not good for internal components being constantly turned on and off. that's all I was worried about wrt to the oven and wonderd by my methods if I had exeracbated the situation

Soldato
OP
so it turns out it is a different size to that link

I got height 210mm and width 200mm
whereas the linked one is 260mm height and 190mm width

Soldato
I’d call them, I’m fairly sure the government recently passed legislation which requires them to supply parts for appliances so they should be available.

Soldato
OP
All changed today after some careful thinking….

the element had 3 screws from behind the oven. Then it was 10-12 screws to open the top and bottom cover.

I spent all week thinking about this ‘project’ and decided to use a small table to hold the oven up. Pulled the oven out and left it on top of the table but had to be super careful about the power cable!

eventually got the element screws out and replaced. So far so good one pizza and chips down. Chicken wings cooking currently

£32.33 well spent

great forum here as always
Brilliant advice. Nice to be part of the ocuk community

perhaps on this part of the form
Members are more sensible lol

time for a few rums

Soldato
Nice one :)

Once you have done it once, the next time is far easier. It's not that difficult of a job but most people just don't know where to start, give up and get a new one.

I did a washing machine element for the first time a few months ago, took a lot of swearing to get it out because it was all gummed up with limescale and soap but I'll know what to expect next time round.

Things like heating elements are always a matter of 'when' rather than if.

Soldato
OP
Nice one :)

Once you have done it once, the next time is far easier. It's not that difficult of a job but most people just don't know where to start, give up and get a new one.

I did a washing machine element for the first time a few months ago, took a lot of swearing to get it out because it was all gummed up with limescale and soap but I'll know what to expect next time round.

Things like heating elements are always a matter of 'when' rather than if.

lol nice one
I done that before
Swearing etc on home jobs here

at some point ur mrs thinks need some type of ‘professional’ out and u feel that panic and shame in doing so. Especially worse when you spent much time and effort without moving a screw….

But like you said if you keep the faith and trust your judgement and don’t panic
U will be fine.

funnily enough u had limescale
I had some
Type of white fluffy insulation around the three internal screws.
I knew it was there for a reason
So kept it intact!

most important lesson of all time……

Always always always take pictures of the setup and label if needed before u begin any job ever!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom