Bought a car :) (BMW haters nooo!)

Maz

Maz

Soldato
Evening chaps,

So I've bought a car already!!

BMW 325ci Sport Auto convertible.

Silver with Black leather and black roof, also included is silver hard top.

Spec includes Sat Nav and TV, Harmon Kardon sound system, full electric heated leather, Xenon headlights, Retractable heated door mirrors 18'' MV2s, Nokia phone kit, cruise etc basically everything!

Got to pick it up from Hemel Hempstead though on Thursday morning :(

Maz

Maz

Soldato
OP
No pics yet, just agreed a price with the trader and I've HPI'd it and everything will give it the once over when I'm there and obviously if all is ok then I'll take it away.

No chance of 2 trips from Newcastle to Hemel Hempstead it's miles away!!

Soldato
Maz said:
No pics yet, just agreed a price with the trader and I've HPI'd it and everything will give it the once over when I'm there and obviously if all is ok then I'll take it away.

No chance of 2 trips from Newcastle to Hemel Hempstead it's miles away!!

I think you are best of waiting to finding one local to you. I recently purchased a BM from a dealers, and even though the car was prepped and looked very good in the flesh, it still had slight cosmectic issues which were to be sorted.

Buying blind is always a bad idea, everyone is going to tell you the car is "mint", but its down to individuals i.e. me who is picky who stil found issues.

Bad move IMO

Maz

Maz

Soldato
OP
thepharcyde said:
I think you are best of waiting to finding one local to you. I recently purchased a BM from a dealers, and even though the car was prepped and looked very good in the flesh, it still had slight cosmectic issues which were to be sorted.

Buying blind is always a bad idea, everyone is going to tell you the car is "mint", but its down to individuals i.e. me who is picky who stil found issues.

Bad move IMO

Thing is, the car is VERY cheap for the spec,.

And I work in a dealer, so small cosmetic things will get sorted straight away.

Wheels will be changed straight away too, and car serviced.

Soldato
Maz said:
No one flys from Newcastle to Luton :(

What options do I have on the train?

surely you investigated this prior to handing over a deposit? Newcastle to stanstead then a coach.

What if the car is scratched etc when you view it? I recently drove 40 miles to view a BM, which going by the pictures looked fantastic, when I arrived, I did not even test drive it which I had booked because it has a total mess.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Sounds absolutely lovely, E46 cabriolet's are gorgeous. Nice engine, nice gearbox, nice colour combo's.

Soldato
Maz said:
No one flys from Newcastle to Luton :(

What options do I have on the train?

i did london to newcastle last week to pick up my new car.

got the train from kings cross to newcastle. it takes just under 3 hours. if you book in advance there are tickets from £20 single. if you book on the day they were £110!

i missed out on the cheapest tickets, i ended up getting 1st class for £90 as that was the cheapest available the day before. at least better than paying £110 for 2nd class. :)

Back
Top Bottom